Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[spoof] Could this be the Model X reveal event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
I saw this on Facebook and I'm wondering if this might be the next Model X reveal?! Seems unlikely, but just maybe!

Tim McKittnick Family Picnic
September 30, 2015, 1 pm - 7 pm
10896 Route 77W
Tellisville, AR

Come and join us for some family fun, including three-legged racing, country line dancing, and a great time! Bring your own drinks and side dish, BBQ will be provided! J.B. will have his new Tesla there for people to do test rides!

I saw this on Facebook and I'm wondering if this might be the next Model X reveal?! Seems unlikely, but just maybe!

10896 Route 77W
Tellisville, AR

Come and join us for some family fun, including three-legged racing, country line dancing, and a great time! Bring your own drinks and side dish, BBQ will be provided! J.B. will have his new Tesla there for people to do test rides!
God, I hope not! To do the reveal at a BBQ?? Can you imagine how the crazy vegan army will react to that?! /s

10896 Route 77W
Tellisville, AR

What kinda a cheap company would have you BYOB. That's it, I am done with Tesla! J.B. or whatever Elon calls himself these days wants to bring he might as well bring another pony for the pony rides.

By "crazy vegan army" I meant the people who hijacked the last annual shareholder meeting and - in my opinion - went completely overboard with that story.

While they did come off a bit crazy, I thought they had a good point. I'm not sure how vegan leather holds up to regular leather, but if it was similar, I would definitely go this route. However, I do wish that there were a few more choices for leather colour. Maybe that explains part of the Model-X delay, sourcing vegan leather. ;-)

While they did come off a bit crazy, I thought they had a good point. I'm not sure how vegan leather holds up to regular leather, but if it was similar, I would definitely go this route. However, I do wish that there were a few more choices for leather colour. Maybe that explains part of the Model-X delay, sourcing vegan leather. ;-)

I was considering another spin-off spoof thread with title "RUMOR: Does Model X include specially-sourced vegan leather?", a 2-page dissertation of speculative analysis, and then allow others to let 'em fly... but I don't have the time. Perhaps something for someone else. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Given tail-gating doesnt quite apply ,What is the correct term to be sitting on a folding chair under the wings of the X?
Falcon-winging?

Good question. I don't know that it rolls off the tongue, but perhaps we can talk about "sitting in the wingshade" created by the car?

I was considering another spin-off spoof thread with title "RUMOR: Does Model X include specially-sourced vegan leather?", a 2-page dissertation of speculative analysis, and then allow others to let 'em fly... but I don't have the time. Perhaps something for someone else. :)?

No, I will admit I am not smart enough to write the 2-page dissertation of speculative analysis. BUT. I have seen that Tesla is in direct contact with a few companies, sourcing material. I have to admit.... I am the one who started the mess about the seats being not ready and delaying launch. Here is what Telsa is now looking to obtain

• Vegetan: This is a microfibre material that is specifically designed and used as an animal-friendly leather substitute.
  • Lorica: This material is made out of several different microfibers. Sidi, an Italian motorcycle company uses it a lot.
  • Birko-Flor: This is what eco-icon Birkenstock uses. It’s made out of acrylic and polyamide felt fibres. There are two kinds — the kind you find on normal Birks and a kind that looks like pleather.
  • Birkibuc: Another Birkenstock baby. It’s made out of the same stuff, but looks and feels like nubuck leather.
  • PVC: Finally, a term you should be familiar with! Good for animals. Not so good for environment.
  • Kydex: This is an acrylic-PVC alloy. It’s produce by Kleerdex, a manufacturing company

Oh.... please don't look up the fact that PETA headquarters are close to my house (about 20 miles). I am one of the few paid personnel here at PETA.