Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Product for waterspots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do folks use to clean stubborn waterspots on their model S that won't go away? Anyone used ScratchX for Meguiar's? Got a big waterspot on the hood (ah the joys of a black car). Note quite sure how it got there. Normal wash and claying didn't help. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Looking for a product that will be effective but won't damage or dull the paint.

During college I was a valet at a five star coastal hotel. Sometimes a sprinkler head would get turned wrong or the wind would blow the hard water and the cars in the lot would get sprayed and then the morning sun would bake in the worst water spots. The hotel guests would be PO'd when they would see the spots. When this happened we would do a hand wash with soap, rinse and then a 50% white vinegar wash again, rinse and dry. It worked every time on those spots. I don't know if it was problematic in the long run to those cars but the owners were always pleased when we brought their cars around after this Process. The mild acid of the white vinegar was enough to dissolve the hard water spots. Good luck.

Thanks. I've heard of vinegar before for waterspots. I really just have one dime-sized spot to clean, a drip from a garage ceiling I assume. I may try vinegar and if it doesn't work, ScratchX. Anyone else tried the latter? Paint safe on our soft Tesla finish?

Thanks. I don't think that would have cut it though. Ended up cleaning the car, then claying and finally using ScratchX, which took most of it out. A very subtle etching is left that you can only see from super close if you know it's there (ie only I see it!). To get the rest of it out, I'll likely need a buffer.

Water Spot Remover

What do folks use to clean stubborn waterspots on their model S that won't go away? Anyone used ScratchX for Meguiar's? Got a big waterspot on the hood (ah the joys of a black car). Note quite sure how it got there. Normal wash and claying didn't help. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Looking for a product that will be effective but won't damage or dull the paint.

I have used this on my Porsche. Had heavy water spots. Removed them all with no damage to the paint.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Water_S...i_886_16.htm?gclid=CNzZ3cn2zscCFU2SfgodQ_kPUA