Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii airport long term parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because of the Hawaii News Now report, I am concerned that the State legislature will change the parking at the Honolulu airport. I recently went on a 3 week trip and parked my MS for that period of time. It is a nice advantage.

By the way, I only had charged my MS to about 80 miles. When we returned from our trip, we were down to 2 miles. Talk about vampire drain. Any tips on minimizing this?

By the way, I only had charged my MS to about 80 miles. When we returned from our trip, we were down to 2 miles. Talk about vampire drain. Any tips on minimizing this?

When you plan to leave your S for any length of time, do the following: 1) Turn energy saver ON, 2) Always connected OFF, 3) Unplug all USB devices (at least until they fix the bug that v6.2 created), and 4) Don't "ping" your car with your phone app - at least, not until the very end of your trip. After a couple of days (I think), the car goes into deep sleep. In this mode, the vampire drain is usually less than 2 miles of range per day, assuming you follow steps 1-4 above. I have first-hand experience with this, as my S just made a journey from Long Beach, CA to Maui and I averaged 2 miles of vampire loss per day UNTIL I USED THE PHONE APP.

What did you turn off?
did 100% charge (252 miles, 2.5 years and a loss of 12 miles from EPA max 264:scared:)
drive to airport (about 250 miles), park, exit vehicle.:biggrin:
checked car status before my return flight. Still there:love: landed, got in car (about 200 miles) drove home.
I did notice that my air suspension seemed to be extra low when I got back, hit suspension adjustment to return to normal. I will make a note for the next time I take my car to the SC, for them to check the air seals.:frown: but it did look cool "slammed" down:cool:

Last edited: