Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X announcement on Stephen Colbert?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Announcement? Heck, he should ride out onto the stage in an X, and hop out from the backseat via the Falcon door. And the camera should then zoom in and the audience discover there is no driver. It drove Elon out on its own.

That would be worth watching.

Announcement? Heck, he should ride out onto the stage in an X, and hop out from the backseat via the Falcon door. And the camera should then zoom in and the audience discover there is no driver. It drove Elon out on its own.

Not the X, but I wouldn't be surprised if they re-showed the prototype Metal Charger Solid video. On The Colbert Repor(t), Stephen Colbert said that the one thing he wanted was not to have to plug in. Elon said "OK". Later he raised the snake idea at the D reveal.

On the second day of Stephen Colbert's new show, Sept 9th, Elon Musk will be a guest.
Think he will use this opportunity to announce the Model X deliveries?

Definitely won't be announcing anything new about Tesla because they do that on their own terms and at an event specifically for Tesla. But make no mistake, this is going to be used for PR and marketing.

This would be the way to go. He did bring the Model S prototype onto the Letterman stage so it's not entirely out of the question

I wouldn't be so sure. Second show and all. Ordinarily a TV appearance wouldn't mean anything, but under the circumstances there will be a very large audience.

I wouldn't be surprised if he shows Model X on Colbert and Tesla opens up Design Studio the same day. Would line up pretty good I would think.

Wait, so the Uber CEO takes up both guest slots the next night, creating a longer interview, but Elon doesn't? And Elon is 2nd guest of the night!?! bah.

Probably due to Elon's schedule more than anything else. Chances are him and the team are in NYC to meet with bankers, sign documents, etc. He'll probably go on a PR blitz as well for when the X is released. Then fly back to SpaceX afterwards.

Then fly back to Space afterwards... FTFY :)

I see you have been watching the Simpsons...
elon-musk-the-simpsons-tapped-out.png