Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found screw - Where did it come from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After washing my car today, right after opening the sunroof while standing outside the door, I noticed a screw sitting in the back-middle of the driver seat. I checked around and the only other screws it matched were the four on the sunroof rails, which were all there. Could it have come from somewhere else? It's certainly possible that it was dropped at service about 3 weeks ago when they were fixing an issue with the sunroof and fell into my seat when I opened the sunroof this time. I didn't notice anything behaving unusual. I just want to be sure my car isn't missing this screw before I toss it.

IMG_20150823_193200.jpg

Yeah, and I don't remember the head being quite so large, mine fell out 1 week after delivery.

Both of mine fell out within 2 months. I got the front one back in myself (after getting that goo all over my hands), when the rear one fell out, I didn't feel like disassembling the whole thing and brought it in (for something else, but also had them fix this).

Just got a call from service about it and they confirmed that the four screws I saw in the sunroof are the only screws of that type, so this is resolved.

Edit: I should give more recognition where due. Kody at Cleveland is the one who confirmed it. He's been great with all my service interactions. Thanks, Kody!