Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Premium Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

I need some help with Slacker Premium. I purchased the service ($10/mth) and put the credentials in to the car. It clearly works because some of my favorites (albums but not playlists) synced.

Questions - why can't I skip backward? Is there any way to get my playlists to work in the car? In general what are the basics of using Slacker Premium in the car? I don't think I'm trying to do anything too out there but it seems fairly crappy - maybe it's slacking.

If there is a thread on this that I missed I'm sorry and please just point me that way.

Thank you,
Tim

I don't know if a thread on this subject specifically. After using it for a couple years in the car, here's what I know off the top of my head:
1) playlists work, but they are only updated on login. It used to be I'd need to boot the center console, but now they have a login button in the settings. (logout/login)
2) the interface is still the previous interface, so rewinding isn't a thing. I frankly hadn't thought to try that.
3) search uses the full functionality, so you'll be able to play albums that wouldn't be available to the Tesla account.
4) I haven't found a way to play a random favorites station. Only playlists for that kind of thing.

Overall you've got to use the other interfaces to configure items then re-login in the car to get those updates.