Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range/Route from Milford SC to Naples, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Helping out ArtInCT:
He is expecting delivery of P90D or P90DL in March 2016. We have all been there, new Tesla and range anxiety. Planned is a route without stopping at every SC. Any other advice will be helpful.

Art: be sure to create account at http://www.evtriplanner.com, great info. and donations.
Screen shots are from EVTripPlanner and SC maps.
Get either the ConnecTT and Remote S app in App Store, really good info.

Milford, CT SC to Newark, DE (205m), with full charge, you are easily going to make it BUT this would be first leg and if not comfortable, there are 7 other SC on the way!!!
Newark to Glen ALlen, VA (201m), again there are 2 other SC on way.

Glen Allen SC to either Lumberton, NC (247m) or Rocky Mountain, NC (132m)...I would say Rocky Mountain to be on safe side.

Rocky Mountain to Lumberton, SC (120m)...again could go to Santee, SC (241m) but pushing it.

Lumberton, SC to Santee, SC (123m) that is easy one.

Santee SC to Savannah, GA (109m) easy one.

Savannah, GA to St. Augustine, FL (171m)

St. Augustine, FL you could go to 2 different SC. I would make it easy and go to Turkey Lake, FL (120m, Turnpike so tolls) OR you could go to Brandon (182m, near tampa).

Turkey Lake, FL to Fort Myers, FL (166m) then to Naples

This ALL depends on if you want to just take your time and enjoy the trip with a new Tesla OR if you are trying to be efficient and minimize stops. Most likely a combination of the two. If you need anything, do not hesitate to reach out.

SUMMARY:
Milford to Newark, Glen Allen, Rocky Mountain, Lumberton, Santee, Savannah, St. Augustin, Turkey Lake, Ft. Myers and home to Naples
ArtinCT SC jpeg.jpg

Attachments

• ArtinCT EV, jpeg.jpg
    ArtinCT EV, jpeg.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 260
Thanks so much....
My only concern is the Inter-SuperCharger range as I would be making this trip in the colder winter months.
So in a P85D or P90D, I just wonder what the maximum safe range is while using the heater or seat warmers?

Do any P85D cruisers have any input on this?

Thanks so much....
My only concern is the Inter-SuperCharger range as I would be making this trip in the colder winter months.
So in a P85D or P90D, I just wonder what the maximum safe range is while using the heater or seat warmers?

Do any P85D cruisers have any input on this?
I have a P85D, and I take the conservative version of Tesla S1 options. I like never to go below 20%, and will not plan to do so, although a few times I have gone to 15%. With the P90D probably you'll have no issues with the longer routes, it has 6% more range than the P85D's. However, this is your first trip in your new car and, trust me, you'll wan to be "insane" or "ludicrous" depending on your option. That will cost you range, but if you're lucky, no traffic violations.:crying: So, to summarise, on your first rip I would certainly stop at every convenient Supercharger. The experience will be useful anyway. But, most important you'll be able to play with your new toy without worrying about batteries running low.

A final note: During the six months I have had my P85D my wh/mile has dropped from 475 for the first thousand miles or so to about 270 now. Once you get your fill of Launches you'll see pretty dramatic decrease in energy consumption too. Disclosure: to get to 275 wh/mile I must keep Tesla Adaptive Cruise Control engaged and the speed at 60-65 mph. Going faster is much more fun, but just like in ICE cars, the fuel consumption rapidly rises as you go fast that roughly 50mph. On one trip I actually drove 53 mph, and used 197 wh/mile, but I was really depressed!