Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D delivered. Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got our 70D a few weeks ago. The not-a-dealer botched the delivery. Car had 80 miles of charge and was dirty when we showed up for the appointment (that we had scheduled for two weeks). So far we love the car, even took it on a short road trip and tried out some supercharging. I don't know why that's exciting, but it was.
I had a friend take some pictures- enjoy:

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

Great pictures! Which white is it?

We had a so, so delivery too. I understand that they went from a few deliveries per month to more than 250 at our service center and the team can not offer the same service than we had last year. Way too much volume for a small team. Growing pain I guess. I hope that they will adapt to this higher volume.

Thanks, it's the regular white (don't remember the name), not the pearl white.
It looked like the place was being run by high school kids. At 45 years old, I was the oldest person in the place by far. Reminded me of the Apple store- and not in a good way.

Congrats! About the messed up delivery, someone must have made a mistake. Tesla details the cars after most of warranty repairs and service!

Yes, someone made a mistake. The only reason we were upset is because the low charge messed up our plans for the day.
They also did a half-ass job of cleaning it. I did a proper detail the next day.

- - - Updated - - -

That white is absolutely stunning. Great pictures!

Thanks- I can't take credit though. It's a hobby of a friend of mine. I didn't have to pay either, although I did have to let hime drive it for a while. It was worth it.

Thanks, it's the regular white (don't remember the name), not the pearl white.
It looked like the place was being run by high school kids. At 45 years old, I was the oldest person in the place by far. Reminded me of the Apple store- and not in a good way.

Solid white looks great - I've seen a few and have been surprised how much I like it.

Where did you take delivery? I feel the same way about the small West 25th St gallery store next to the High Line in Chelsea. :shrug: Maybe we're too old to get millennials?

;)

Hmm...this isn't the NJ plated white Model S I've seen at my 42nd St garage, right? LOL That would be some coincidence. The one I'm referring to is clearly not a resident or a commuter, but presumably comes into the city for dinner & a show. Often.

Anyway, sweet looking car, enjoy it.

We got our 70D a few weeks ago....Car had 80 miles of charge and was dirty when we showed up for the appointment

Fantastic pictures, congrats to your wife. We are similar in that our Tesla is my wife's car, while I drive the Smart ED to work (and love it by the way)!

Anyway, my delivery story has some similar elements:

I had asked that my CPO Tesla Model S be fully charged prior to delivery as well, as our 14-50 charging plug wasn't ready, and we booked a road trip the day after scheduled delivery.
Tesla were extremely accommodating of our vacation schedule, even though it was end of the quarter and there were >100 cars to deliver in a few days (!!).
We picked up the car late evening, and they were delivering many after us too!

Anyway, due to haste, the car was only 30% charged, so we did the delivery demo/training plugged into the supercharger beside the service center and were fully charged before we finished and left.
Not sure if they gave you that option...

Solid white looks great - I've seen a few and have been surprised how much I like it.

Where did you take delivery? I feel the same way about the small West 25th St gallery store next to the High Line in Chelsea. :shrug: Maybe we're too old to get millennials?

;)

Hmm...this isn't the NJ plated white Model S I've seen at my 42nd St garage, right? LOL That would be some coincidence. The one I'm referring to is clearly not a resident or a commuter, but presumably comes into the city for dinner & a show. Often.

Anyway, sweet looking car, enjoy it.

Thanks. That's not us- we are down near Philadelphia, although we did take it to NYC last Tuesday. Took a lot of searching to find a self-park garage. Ended up at the Lincoln Center garage.

Fantastic pictures, congrats to your wife. We are similar in that our Tesla is my wife's car, while I drive the Smart ED to work (and love it by the way)!

Anyway, my delivery story has some similar elements:

I had asked that my CPO Tesla Model S be fully charged prior to delivery as well, as our 14-50 charging plug wasn't ready, and we booked a road trip the day after scheduled delivery.
Tesla were extremely accommodating of our vacation schedule, even though it was end of the quarter and there were >100 cars to deliver in a few days (!!).
We picked up the car late evening, and they were delivering many after us too!

Anyway, due to haste, the car was only 30% charged, so we did the delivery demo/training plugged into the supercharger beside the service center and were fully charged before we finished and left.
Not sure if they gave you that option...

Took delivery in Devon, PA. If they had a supercharger there, they didn't offer it. They just plugged it into the wall charger in the delivery bay, and we left with about 120 miles. On the plus side, they gave us a P85D to go to lunch in. Had a blast scaring my wife. Got a little nauseous after about the tenth launch.:eek:

Great pics! Also took delivery from Devon last month & the car/delivery was flawless - done in 30minutes. Been there a few times prior, seems like they're always swamped, but not a good excuse for unwashed, uncharged car. Sorry to hear about that experience, but soon to be forgotten - this car is amazing, enjoy!