Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thank you for the window washer at the Centralia Supercharger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
I came through Centralia today and stopped to charge (Wednesday morning, between 10-11am, I was the only one there). I was thrilled to find a bucket with fresh soapy water and a squeegee in the middle of the lot.

I don't see any references to this on this forum, but just wanted to throw out a huge thanks to the generous individual who did that. My bug-laden road trip windshield was thrilled, as was I.

Agreed, it was very handy for me on a couple of long trips. I've since learned to carry a spray bottle and microfiber for the other SC pit stops.

Sounds like an advertising opportunity-your business name on a wash bucket at SC sites!

I've stopped there (but the bucket was empty at the time).
It would be nice for local businesses to offer a window washing bucket (and an advertising opportunity).
I'd also like to see picnic tables so I can sit outside (and perhaps have a snack) while charging.
As it is, the only thing I miss about gas stations is the window washers so I carry a container of window washing cloths in the car.
Amazon.com: Stoner 90164 Glass Cleaner Wipe: Automotive

Have you tried Burgerville? It's on the other side of the freeway - worth a trip through the drive through before stopping at the Supercharger.

Definitely not worth walking (which I did). And my luck wasn't very good on the food, either. Seems promising for the genre, though, so maybe we were there on a bad day.

Corning is as bad or worse than Centralia. The best Supercharger food anywhere? A picnic.