Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi 310 mile electric SUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So "Called the Audi e-tron quattro, the sporty SUV concept auto will provide the first look at the luxury brand’s plans for fully electric cars. Audi, a division of Volkswagen, is expected to produce an electric SUV based on the concept starting in 2018."

I'm not holding my breath. How do you compete in 2 years?

Would you rather a car with 310 miles of range that takes 10hrs to fully recharge on an L2 network or one with 270 miles of range that works on the Supercharger network?

Tesla's advantage with the supercharger network is tremendous although not obvious in these press releases.

Would you rather a car with 310 miles of range that takes 10hrs to fully recharge on an L2 network or one with 270 miles of range that works on the Supercharger network?

Tesla's advantage with the supercharger network is tremendous although not obvious in these press releases.
It's almost certain to have DC charging with CCS, so on a good day that's probably half the supercharger rate, but try finding a CCS charging where you want one when you're on a trip.

That's 310 miles on the European test standard, which is even more unrealistic than the EPA test standard. And it's announcing a concept car will be shown, hard to get more vaporware than that.

Still, it's nice to see Elon's wish come true and have other manufacturers jump on the bandwagon. That is really what he wanted Tesla to do. WRT the 310 miles, I look at it like the Model S's initial promise of 300. It will likely end up being very comparable to the Model X in terms of range if it all holds true.

photo and comment

The 310-mile range with 90kWh may not entirely be BS. I'd love to know what the frontal area is relative to the X and S, as the claimed 0.25 Cd (and VW's numbers are usually good) is reasonable. This does look more like a not-very-tall station wagon than the X, and I suspect it's narrower. The car appears to be leaning away into a curve in the artist's concept (surely pulled from CAD), which lifts the car side facing the viewer even more. I'll bet the ground clearance isn't that impressive.

Attachments

• AudiEtronconcept-1940x1106.jpg
    AudiEtronconcept-1940x1106.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 265