Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convertible ev's out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roadster: Probably the best EV convertible available!

roadster driveway.jpg

Reactions: Msjulie
It's hilarious but believe it or not I had no idea the Roadster was a convertible. I have only seen pictures of it with the top on.

- - - Updated - - -

Smart ED, likely the second best EV convertible available! :tongue:

Smart Electric Drive: It's ALIVE!!!

The Smart Fortwo Electric Drive comes in clear hard top or convertible.

SmartEDAtDealer.jpg

i read and kept a very positive review on the electric Smart ForTwo that said it was far superior to the ice version.

My four-year old son and I were talking today, and he asked why does a convertible trunk go backwards and not frontwards? I was about to answer, when it struck me what a great idea that was. Sure you would not be able to lower it at low speeds (how often do people do this anyhow? ), but it would be awesome to have the roof in the frunk and fully available trunk..especially for model 3.

My four-year old son and I were talking today, and he asked why does a convertible trunk go backwards and not frontwards? I was about to answer, when it struck me what a great idea that was. Sure you would not be able to lower it at low speeds (how often do people do this anyhow? ), but it would be awesome to have the roof in the frunk and fully available trunk..especially for model 3.

Would have to be some pretty fancy and complicated folding mechanism to get it to go over the windshield and then into a typically narrower front compartment compared to the rear. The mechanism's arms would have to, I presume, blend in to the A-pillars somehow too.