Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maintenance worker dies at Norfolk supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While definitely sad, I've seen the innards of several supercharging stations. Especially at this point in the setup (grand opening scheduled for tomorrow means it's done) I really have no idea how it's possible someone was electrocuted. I have a feeling that the whole electrocution thing may be incorrect and just assumed since it's a charging station.

While definitely sad, I've seen the innards of several supercharging stations. Especially at this point in the setup (grand opening scheduled for tomorrow means it's done) I really have no idea how it's possible someone was electrocuted. I have a feeling that the whole electrocution thing may be incorrect and just assumed since it's a charging station.
From the reports, the current status is undetermined death. Death by electrocution seems to be speculation from the reporters. The reports do say he was working behind the fence with all the power equipment though.

Grand opening cancelled

There was a tragic accident earlier today involving a contractor performing final installation at our new Norfolk Supercharger station. We have cancelled tomorrow’s opening event. Thank you for your understanding.
[Tesla]<http://www.teslamotors.com/?elq=f3bfa1aa6ba3409688a5aed0aa96ab6a&elqCampaignId=4668&elqaid=5219&elqat=1&elqTrackId=34afdab586b54a86863fcf9faa05ec16>
August 18, 2015

Very sad.

It's not necessarily electrocution, though, could be a heart attack, heat stroke or something.

Tesla's email described the incident as "an accident" which suggests they have information about it. It also appears that this was to be the 500th U.S. Supercharger, which they presumably intended to be the subject of entirely different press coverage. Very sad news.