Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to see my first P90D at my local SC as it just arrived this morning. It was a marketing car as the front windshield had MKTG in grease pen. This was a non-LUDICROUS model which does not have the chrome underline under the P90D logo on the trunk. Getting down on the ground I was able to view the battery pack sticker on this car. The suffix was an A. Also rather unique to this battery pack was the fact that the external skin appeared different than previous packs.. it was smooth metal and just behind the battery pack sticker was another Tesla sticker which appears to have the vehicle's VIN number amongst other data on that sticker.

It appears from pictures I have seen of P90D Ludicrous models that the logo on the trunk is P90D (note the chrome underline). The P and D are in red and the 90 and the underline are in chrome.

Sorry but I did not have a phone with me to snap pictures, darn. This car was assembled in July according to the window sticker and still had the older rear chrome facia which apparently has recently changed.

The battery part label is visible from the front passenger wheel well if I recall correctly. Would be curious to see this on the 90... and 70 for that matter.

Yes correct WK057 the labels are on the passenger side nearest the front wheel well. I had to be on my stomach to see them as the suspension was DOWN and the front turbine wheels were straight. If the wheels are swung to the right you may be able to see the label from a squat. The previous battery packs seemed to have a pebble-ish painted coating on them. This new one was all metal or appeared to be that way. I will keep a camera on me for future visits to snap pics of the 70 and 90. There were quite a few new 70's in the lot but no 90D's or 90's. Just the one P90D.

I have seen underlined and not underlined. This is the car I test drove at Seaside. I saw an underlined on Sunday. Not sure what the difference is between the cars

P90D.JPG

I just placed my order for a P90D and you are telling me I'm getting an A pack? Let us hope the 90 A-Pack is more loved than the 85.

Cant look at the battery letter any longer. The latest 85 pack is now B (flexpack) and C. They use Teslas new 2.0 enclosure. They are newer than the rwd only F pack and dual motor E pack but have different parts numbers off course.

Wait, 3 different badges???

Tesla, has the following badges on cars.

40 (Discontinued)
60 (Discontinued)
70D
P85 (Discontinued)
P85+ (Discontinued)
85D
P85D
P85D (Ludicrous upgraded P85D that I don't think is available yet, you can tell on the actual car because it's underlined)
90D
P90D
P90D (Again, Ludicrous version has a underlined badge like the picture up thread)
Also remember that there exists the option to get your car without a badge. (For whatever reason)

The signature editions don't have any special badging do they? Just the nice red color option?

Tesla, has the following badges on cars.

40 (Discontinued)
60 (Discontinued)
70D
P85 (Discontinued)
P85+ (Discontinued)
85D
P85D
P85D (Ludicrous upgraded P85D that I don't think is available yet, you can tell on the actual car because it's underlined)
90D
P90D
P90D (Again, Ludicrous version has a underlined badge like the picture up thread)
Also remember that there exists the option to get your car without a badge. (For whatever reason)

The signature editions don't have any special badging do they? Just the nice red color option?

Thanks for the list! As for coloring, is this correct?

40 (Discontinued)
60 (Discontinued)
70D
P85 (Discontinued)
P85+ (Discontinued)
85D
P85D
90D
P90D

I just placed my order for a P90D and you are telling me I'm getting an A pack? Let us hope the 90 A-Pack is more loved than the 85.

Tesla's revision letters are specific to part number. Each pack type has a different part number. The functionality of the different-sized, new vs. refurbed, and single vs. dual battery packs cannot be compared to each other with revision letters.

- - - Updated - - -

The Founders' and Sigs have some special 'Signature' logos in various places. (Somewhat inconsistently)

View attachment 90941

I have never seen this prior to today... I'm guessing someone replicated it by moving their Model S badge and then silver-penning Signature underneath via traced template from the rear chrome?

I have the Signature etching on my rear chrome (as noted in your other pic) and on the side marker lights. This is consistent with other Signature cars I've seen.

(As I understand from my recent deer strike, though, some of these etched parts are getting harder and harder to get...)

Does anybody other than me think all these badges smack of internet bulletin board meaningless badge competition? I want my underline!:cursing: NO, I want my underline and a P90D! :crying:
I hate this competition I just want my 90D. :scared: But, I'd go broke in this competition, should i hold my head in shame if I have only a lowly 70D?:confused:

We are replete with First World Problems :cool:

Cant look at the battery letter any longer. The latest 85 pack is now B (flexpack) and C. They use Teslas new 2.0 enclosure. They are newer than the rwd only F pack and dual motor E pack but have different parts numbers off course.

Flexpack? 2.0 enclosure? Clearly I missed something. Can you provide the thread in which these specific terms were discussed?