Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone used their Tesla referral credit yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I referred a friend to buy a Model S and it says that I have a $1000 tesla credit. The mytesla page states that the credit will be available for use starting August 15. However, there is no information on how to use the credit for purchasing accessories. Has anyone used their credit yet? The dude at Tesla headquarters had no clue and tech support had me on hold for an absurd length of time...

I referred a friend and received a $1000 credit. I tried to use the credit in the online shop to no avail. I called the local service center. They said they could make my accessory order with the credit. When I gave then the order, they had never fulfilled an apparel order with the referral credit. They said they would try. They called back saying it could not be done. I find that to be total BS. Where does it say no apparrel in the terms and conditions? It just says that accessories are available for the credit. Anyone else dealing with this?

I referred a friend and received a $1000 credit. I tried to use the credit in the online shop to no avail. I called the local service center. They said they could make my accessory order with the credit. When I gave then the order, they had never fulfilled an apparel order with the referral credit. They said they would try. They called back saying it could not be done. I find that to be total BS. Where does it say no apparrel in the terms and conditions? It just says that accessories are available for the credit. Anyone else dealing with this?

Their apparel is crap anyway.

you can't order online - but you can use it to buy accessories at a Tesla store, pay for service, or have it applied towards a vehicle. If thre is something you want online, have your local store get it in & then use your credit.

It can be applied toward the purchase of a Model S, but not a Model X. The rules were unclear on this point, but Tesla is taking a hard stance that referral credit can only be used for a Model S purchase. Kinda makes no sense since we were in the program because we owned a Model S already. Spending my $17K in referral credit would be impossible without buying another Model S so alas that is what I am doing.

Would have preferred to use that credit on the Founders-Edition Model X, but even after elevating the issue within Tesla the answer was NO! Suffice-to-say, I will go from owning one Tesla to three in short order says one pissed-off influencer. :cursing:

I was able to order Turbine rims and winter tires directly from the SC in Canada. Can you guys in the USA buy rims/tires and sell them here on the parts for sale forum? Seems like new rims and tires move quickly and you'll get 75-80% of the credit value in cash. Just a thought if you don't mind taking time to sell some wheels or CHAdeMO adapters.