Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally a state that get's it - anti ICE'ing law

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Congrats. We've had a law in FL for a couple of years now and I believe that WA also has such a law since some time back.

- - - Updated - - -

That's good, but I'm surprised it doesn't require that the ev be hooked up to the charger...

Many of us lobbied in FL for the law to state that the vehicle must be capable of being charged, but need not be in the process of charging or necessarily plugged in. The reason for this is that you don't want to get a ticket because Parking Enforcement came by 2 mins after your car finished charging, or if someone unplugged your car for any reason. In my local experience most EV owners are polite enough to move their cars as soon as they can once charging is complete.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I had a few occasions already here in Florida where Priuses and Volts block the spot without charging.

This is almost unsolvable. The only solution which would work is a combined charger/parking meter which charges 100 $ per hour x minutes after charge is complete.

Congrats. We've had a law in FL for a couple of years now and I believe that WA also has such a law since some time back.

- - - Updated - - -

Many of us lobbied in FL for the law to state that the vehicle must be capable of being charged, but need not be in the process of charging or necessarily plugged in. The reason for this is that you don't want to get a ticket because Parking Enforcement came by 2 mins after your car finished charging, or if someone unplugged your car for any reason. In my local experience most EV owners are polite enough to move their cars as soon as they can once charging is complete.

Sorry, but I had a few occasions already here in Florida where Priuses and Volts block the spot without charging.

This is almost unsolvable. The only solution which would work is a combined charger/parking meter which charges 100 $ per hour x minutes after charge is complete.

So if it's a charging space taken by a non-electric, we call it ICEd -- what is it called if it's an EV (or pseudo-EV) that isn't charging, just parked? We need a cutesy moniker...