Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

first time experience with supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to go to Tsuen Wan this morning. Remembered Panda Hotel with Supercharger. Got in, spare one available, parked, plugged.

Business completed, shopping done (two hours free with HKD300 spent). Car is fully charged within 2 hours.

Need to go to Tsuen Wan this morning. Remembered Panda Hotel with Supercharger. Got in, spare one available, parked, plugged.

Business completed, shopping done (two hours free with HKD300 spent). Car is fully charged within 2 hours.

Remember to vacate once charging is done, usually in less than one hour if battery level is at 50%. Otherwise, other cars won't get to charge. Also, do update the Tesla supercharger availability website. IM Tesla

I don't think it is conclusive that 100% charged is damaging to the battery.
I think many of us will likely trade-in the machine after 3 years. This battery issue should not bother us.
For those wanting to keep the car for long time, 8 years warranty means you don't need to worry much of the battery pack.

I don't think it is conclusive that 100% charged is damaging to the battery.
I think many of us will likely trade-in the machine after 3 years. This battery issue should not bother us.
For those wanting to keep the car for long time, 8 years warranty means you don't need to worry much of the battery pack.

I'm sure the battery after 8 years is still good it's the degradation in capacity that matters. Say a LEAF after 4 years has about 60-70% of original capacity (someone quoted this) so you'll have to charge it more frequently. LEAF doesn't have thermo control for the battery pack which helps to preserve battery life. You will notice that cooling fan works very hard (and loud) when you supercharge. If you charge it slowly with 13A it doesn't make that kind of noise.