Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Tesla Model S owners in Worcestershire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
who would be prepared to let me know of any plus' and minus' re practical use of a Tesla in the county?

I'm particularly thinking of charging possibilities (70, 85 or 90 the best option?), service and support, use of such a large car e.g.: side roads, car parks etc.

Any input would be gratefully received. I'm almost certainly going to be ordering a car soon, but advice would be very welcome.

who would be prepared to let me know of any plus' and minus' re practical use of a Tesla in the county?

I'm particularly thinking of charging possibilities (70, 85 or 90 the best option?), service and support, use of such a large car e.g.: side roads, car parks etc.

Any input would be gratefully received. I'm almost certainly going to be ordering a car soon, but advice would be very welcome.

Don't live in Worcestershire, but I can't imagine it's much different than any other part of the UK!

First thing to note is that charging infrastructure near to your house is largely irrelevant. You will never need to charge near to home, because you can charge at home!

There's a service centre in Birmingham.

It's a wide car, but not quite as wide as a Range Rover, and they get everywhere. Other than 6'6" width restrictions which you should avoid, you are very unlikely to run into actual difficulty in the car, though you do have to take car and squeezing past others on single track country roads is a bit annoying.

No question that 70 is best value for money and no options are actually "essential" any more. Only way to determine how much range you need is to think about where you drive, how fast you drive, how much compromise you're prepared to accept, etc.

Shortest range car the 70 will in real-world conditions do I guess 190 miles if you drive with reasonable car (i.e. 70 on the motorways, not resorting to crazy 55mph nonsense).

Longest range car the 90D will do perhaps 250 under the same circumstances.

Personally I prefer to drive "without reasonable care :)" and stop to charge on the way - partly because there are convenient superchargers for many of my common long runs, and partly because having 4 and 6 year old kids means I have no choice but to stop anyway!

Thanks for the comments. I've currently got a Plug-in Prius, but have got to the stage of being frustrated by it's compliance design. Within the county there don't seem to be many public charging points that are practically usable, but I take your point that charging at home obviates the need for the most part. I've got used to the minuscule range of the Prius!

Hi PbCeng- I'm based in worcestershire and am in a similar situation. Having done some research the closest SC is on M42(hopwood services), several charging points in worcester and local towns. But I reckon the best bet would home charging.
As mgboyes said if RR fits then tesla should. I do have a rural commute at times and hoping i should be ok 99% of the times except occ rural single tracks roads. Hopefully some new infrastructure will come soon.

Hi chetalien - I used to have a Range Rover and had no problems at all with it although it was a second gen one. I think some of the parking areas may be a challenge, but hopefully a minor issue. Superchargers do seem to be popping up now at some of my regular stops so hopefully charging on my longer commutes shouldn't be a problem.

Do you have a Model S yet?

I oscillated between a 70, 85 or 90D but finally plumbed for the latter confirmed on 20/8. At the time of ordering it said December delivery, but I suspect it may run into next year due to the Model X launch. I did get a VIN on the 5th Sept which is hopefully positive :).
I am trying to ration myself to once a day access to MyTesla!