Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 2.5 Nav bezel wanted!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking again for a 2.5 nav bezel. Who ever lends us one will get 30% off of a carbon fiber one we would be reproducing.

The reason we need one is to create a mold so that way we can start offering these in carbon fiber. We also plan on making a conversion kit for the Elise, Exige, and Gen1 Roadsters.

Please PM me if you are willing to lend yours for a few weeks!

John

I've ordered one by the way, but since I'm in Tokyo it's tough for me to get the piece to CarbonOne to make the mold for it. I have already got door sills, door pulls, and a gauge bezel from CarbonOne and I love them on the car... Anyway, I told him I'd send my part over from Japan if nobody closer to him also wants to buy the part, but this is a great chance for anyone to buy a CF nav bezel at a great price and save me the hassle of trying to get if off my car and over to him from Japan --- so many, many thanks to anyone in advance if you'll join me on this order to get a great looking CF part as a great price!

I have followed the "saga" of CarbonOne Industries across several forums and the common theme in the discussions has been a few customers received the item they ordered and have been pleased with the quality of the product. Unfortunately, the more common outcome is many customers have received below par quality or no parts at all.

Requesting a part from a customer to use to produce a mold makes no sense to me considering the part should be able to be purchased directly from the manufacturer. There is a cost to purchase from the manufacturer, however no discount would be needed to give to the customer that "lends" the part to be reproduced. The savings, if any, would be small especially considering the cost for the mold is amortized over the entire production run. CarbonOne Industries already has shown to have a backlog of parts to be made so time constraints to quickly mold the part should not be an issue.

As has been said before, Buyer Beware, I really like to see the moderators limit CarbonOne's ability to solicit business from forum members using this forum as a conduit to advertise in his various posts. My two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.