Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 7 Dash Display Short Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the main part of the new speedo display is a car at the center, obviously that's for Autopilot cars because it will show you the position of other cars around you, etc., as in Elon's demo back in October. But for those of us without Autopilot capability, are we going to be looking at an image of a car with nothing else happening, or will our screens be configured differently? I don't expect anyone to have an answer to this yet, but it would be great if we didn't just get a gimped version of the Autopilot speedo.

Well, did some analysis of the video.

The original poster says this is "P90 going 0-60 in 2.7" but the video shows a launch from 1 MPH to 54 MPH that takes 94 frames @ 30 FPS, or 3.13 seconds to go from 1 to 54 MPH, which means this is probably a normal P85D running the autopilot firmware. Extrapolation would estimate the actual 0-60 time at about 3.54 seconds, which would be on par with the "0"-60 times (with rollout) of 3.1s with the current P85D.

Of note is the movement of the power meter to the energy graph. If you note in the video the orange power bar is now around the energy "app" on the instrument cluster. The crappy contrast lower controls (for climate and such) at the bottom of the 17" display are definitely low contrast as mentioned in, and confirming, this note in the other autopilot/v7 info leak thread. Analysis of the video doesn't yield sufficient detail to quite make out those numbers, but it appears the lower portion is reporting some average Wh/mi.

The upper icons look similar but are different. The two main windows appear to be a bit more flat. I'm assuming the textures have been dumped as an effort to speed up the interface.

The video was made at 4:something PM.

The driver is listening to 94.9 WiLD-FM, a San Francisco based FM radio station, in HD.

Probably more details I can pull from it, but I'll leave it alone for now.

Last edited:
Judging based on his other Instagram posts, he was a tesla employee. I'm guessing he got yelled at for posting that video.
Still since he was internal to Tesla, I would think this is no confirmation that 7.0 has been rolled out to anyone outside Tesla so far.
autopilot delays are beyond frustrating at this point.

(removed per request)

Rotated, enhanced a bit, and stabilized. Added the ticker at the bottom that starts at 0 when the launch starts. Definitely not 2.8s 0-60 when it takes longer than 3 to go from 1 to 54..

Last edited: