Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powertrain and Coolant System Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I wanted to start my Tesla, it was idle for about 24 hours.
When I turned it on, I got a new sound from the car and two msgs came out on the screen:

"Coolant System Problem Service required" and
" Powertrain Problem Service required "

Anyone any idea?

th_d4738d7c.jpg

th_7695869a.jpg

The car is fully charged.
The service manager (?) told me not to drive the car, and he will look at my error msgs. But he was not able to help me yet.
Is there anywhere a list of the error msgs?

Unfortunetelly ( sometimes allthough it is great ), there is no GSM where I have the car.

pictures say ID 1147 + ID 267
may be I'm wrong with my first assumption, I thought I got this message too while charging, but I'm not sure about it.
Pictures say 1447+267

Debug screen shows:
ID 1447 is "HVAC: Evaporator Outlet over temp". It's a warning becuase it is orange.
ID 267 is "BSM: Positive contactor/economizer stuck low" fault because it is red. -- I've seen this during charging. It usually clears itself

I've occasionally had an error message pop up, but it appeared to be just a random one-time glitch. Here's a procedure that appears to clear things:

Turn off the key.
Open the charge port.
Close the charge port.
Turn on the key.
Drive.

Surprise when we wanted to load my car on the trailer yesterday: The charging light was red, but there was no possibility to "put a drive in".
If we tried to press the D or N or R button, all we got was press the brake pedal, and the button did go red.

O. K. so we put the car in the tow mode and pushed it out. But we had to put it backwards on the trailer, because of the limited clearance of the car. But you can not push 1400 Kg on a trailer. The trailer has a winch, but Tesla has no hook on the back!
So we had to position the trailer on a little hill, so we could roll the car on the trailer.

Sorry Dragon, I see your msg. only now! I guess you have resolved it by now!

But now, after work, the car was garaged and not pluged in, I opened the car and it greeted me with cold air and an error msg. It is again:
"Coolant System Problem Service required" ID is: 1447.

The car drives without any problem, but it allways blows cold air into the cabin. Even when the key is out!

What is going on now? Anyone had a similar experience?

The car is now garaged and plugged in with storage mode. Waiting for an answer from the Tesla Ranger who is looking into the problem.