Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging interrupted, restarts after update to 6.2 (v2.5.21)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Right after the update to 6.2 (v2.5.21) late week, my Model S has started to throw a "charging interrupted" message each time it starts delayed charging, then immediately resumes and finishes without an issue. I tried rebooting the car, resetting the delayed charging and power cycled the wall box (a JuiceBooster 1 that has worked like a charm for a year). The hiccup remains. When charging, I get normal voltage/speeds (16A, 230V, 3 phases).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439497873.433568.jpg

Anyone else seeing this? Bug or feature? Thanks for any help!

Yes, I had this last Saturday on an HPWC at the mall. I had received about 30 notifications over several minutes by the time I got back to the car and unplugged. I let the folks at the Tesla store know as I assumed the HPWC was faulty; the car was fine back at home and has continued to be perfect (as ever) since.

Last edited:
I have the same issue periodically, and it sometimes floods my phone with notifications to the point i have to go into the app and turn off charging until i can go reconnect the cable. i emailed the service center about it.

I posted about this in the firmware thread. Mine started doing it immediately after the 2.5.21 upgrade and has done it most nights since. I actually got a call from my service center (waves to Tesla person whose job it is to monitor the forum) shortly after it posted. My service guy thought it was related to the new firmware and said that they had a number of calls on this topic. He speculated that they would need to do a firmware patch, but said that they would pull the logs etc, etc. I did have one night where it failed to actually charge, which could be problematic. Normally, it just throws off the error message and then happily charges away.

Usually I get "charging interrupted" before the "charging started" message. Last night I got the messages as displayed above (starting/interrupted/starting/done).

I'll have to look again, but looking at the dash after plugging in I thought I saw the current start climbing to a few amperes, go back to zero, and climb up to 40. If I remember that correctly, that'd be why the app keeps getting messages.
Spamming everyone's phone, it's a new feature!

We are also getting the message on our car that has the timer set- the other one that we don't use the timer does not send this notification. Both cars have 2.5.21 I figure it's a bug- but since the car charges properly, Im not going to sweat it.

We are also getting the message on our car that has the timer set- the other one that we don't use the timer does not send this notification. Both cars have 2.5.21 I figure it's a bug- but since the car charges properly, Im not going to sweat it.

I agree. If I manually start the charge, everything works fine. It only appears to happen on scheduled charges. However, one night it actually hung up and didn't finish charging (out of what, 10 days now?). Since I could normally charge every other day, it isn't a big concern although if I couldn't make it through the day on one charge, I might be more concerned about the time it hung up. IIRC, it had partially charged -- just didn't ever hit the target charge level.

I'm getting the same behavior, almost every night with my scheduled charge. I get the charging started notification, followed by at least one, but sometimes multiple, charging interrupted notifications with the exact same time stamp as the start notification, followed some time later by the charging complete notification. My car has always eventually charged normally.

Someone at the mothership tracked me down and I got a call from the San Diego service center today about the issue. He pulled the logs from my car, but was unable to identify any charging issue. I e-mailed him a screen shot of the iPhone notifications. It only started happening with me after the recent updates to 6.2-2.5.21, and the iPhone app which added valet mode and the referral experiment information. It could have been either update, I can't separate them in time with respect to the charging interrupted notifications.

It only started happening with me after the recent updates to 6.2-2.5.21, and the iPhone app which added valet mode and the referral experiment information. It could have been either update, I can't separate them in time with respect to the charging interrupted notifications.

I haven't yet updated the app on my iPad and it also gets the notifications. I don't think it is related to the app.