Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thanks for all the help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the helpful info and answers to stupid questions. DMV made it official this morning, I'm now the proud owner of #914!

Now come the hard choices:

• Do I change my username?
  • What should I personalize the license plate? (What plate do you wish you had?)
  • How do I stop myself from buying all the options I want? (adjustable suspension!)

Thanks again!

wXYzSjI.jpg

Congrats! After 6 years I still smile every time I get in mine.

I don't think it's easy to change your username, though I think the mods did it for another user once. (gg_wants_a_tesla, was it? Now gg_got_a_tesla. Perhaps you could be CurrentOwner. Given the color you might be able to pull off CurrantOwner as well, but I think CurrentOwner works better for an EV).

If "Battman" was available I'd get that. But I don't have a vanity plate.

Why would you want to avoid accessories? Collect the whole set! No, seriously, I bought a stripped Roadster (at the time I ordered, it was unclear Tesla was going to survive long enough to send me a car, and I didn't want to send them more money than necessary - you had to pay up front before they would start building back then) and while some things like the adjustable suspension would be nice, I really don't think I'm missing out on much. Though I will admit to sending a note to the local parts counter an hour ago asking what accessories they have in stock, just in case I want to add some if the Roadster 3.0 package looks compelling.

Jeff, 2 quick tips: 1. get the logs on a USB drive; instructions are in a few threads already. 2. lots of scams and cars with dealers and such that don't know how to take care of them; if it is not local, ask here and perhaps some owner that knows what's important to look for will be willing to take a peek. Sellers are usually comfortable with another Roadster owner checking it out.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the helpful info and answers to stupid questions. DMV made it official this morning, I'm now the proud owner of #914!

Now come the hard choices:

• Do I change my username?
  • What should I personalize the license plate? (What plate do you wish you had?)
  • How do I stop myself from buying all the options I want? (adjustable suspension!)

Thanks again!

View attachment 90468

1) Yes.
2) Yes - but lots of the good ones are taken in CA.
3) No - because you only think you want the adjustable suspension. You really want the Nitron Shocks/springs. PM me if you want to drive mine first - then we can hook you up with Rob at Dietchwerks who can put it in.

(But it looks like you have a sport badge. Are you sure you don't already have an adjustable suspension?)