Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA (6709 N Riverside, LIVE 10 Jan 2016, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every Friday in the Fresno Bee, they publish recently-signed commercial leases. I do not know how contemporary this information is, but I read it carefully each and every Friday. If there is any information concerning a Supercharger, I hope it will be revealed in this feature. Bulletins as they break....

Every Friday in the Fresno Bee, they publish recently-signed commercial leases. I do not know how contemporary this information is, but I read it carefully each and every Friday. If there is any information concerning a Supercharger, I hope it will be revealed in this feature. Bulletins as they break....
Or you can log in to supercharge.info and click on "changes" and watch for "permit" for Fresno...

The site isn't magic. Somebody like the above poster sees it and posts it here, and then it gets reflected to supercharge.info.

supercharge.info
is meant as an alternative to those who don't read the Fresno Bee every Friday. Granted there may some small lag time. Some TM owners may not now about the "changes" part yet. Besides it gives a statewide/ national/ global perspective.
Who doesn't like magic?

Last edited:
The Tesla supercharger map now shows a grey (for today) super charger icon smack in the middle of fresno sometime in the last week. When you click on 2015, it shows as completed. Prior to a week ago, you had to click on 2016 to show a supercharger in Fresno.

It says "opening soon" on on the Tesla site. So perhaps they've gotten a permit that hasn't yet been mined by however supercharge.info is getting its info.

The Tesla supercharger map now shows a grey (for today) super charger icon smack in the middle of fresno sometime in the last week. When you click on 2015, it shows as completed. Prior to a week ago, you had to click on 2016 to show a supercharger in Fresno.

It says "opening soon" on on the Tesla site. So perhaps they've gotten a permit that hasn't yet been mined by however supercharge.info is getting its info.

Cottonwood Accurately predicts another one. Now the big question, where is it!!

- - - Updated - - -

Unless someone spots it. they are usually difficult to track down, Burbank was spotted by someone driving by. Smaller towns are easy as less data to plow throw. It might not be in Fresno city limits. So it could be in the county or a small incorporated city nearby.

Cottonwood Accurately predicts another one. Now the big question, where is it!!

- - - Updated - - -

Unless someone spots it. they are usually difficult to track down, Burbank was spotted by someone driving by. Smaller towns are easy as less data to plow throw. It might not be in Fresno city limits. So it could be in the county or a small incorporated city nearby.

I live in Fresno. My guesses in no particular order of importance:

--Somewhere near the Herndon Avenue exit off SR99. This is the extreme northwest corner of the city. There is a one-year old outdoor mall with the usual complement of stores like Target, Old Navy, etc., plus several eateries like Pie-ology. There is plenty of space for Superchargers and acres of parking. Also, a little closer to the freeway are two motels (I think one is Holiday Inn Express) if Tesla were to choose that style. These places are easily less than a furlong off 99.

--Fashion Fair Mall about 1/4 mile east of the SR41 freeway on Shaw Ave. This mall is about 40 years old with both indoor and outdoor shopping. Many restaurants are there including Flemming's, and I believe the Cheesecake Factory. This mall already has a few J1772s and a CHAdeMO and maybe even an SAE Combo, but I am too lazy to look on PlugShare. Plenty of parking.

--FigGarden Village is also on Shaw, about 3/4 mile west of freeway 41. This is a fine upscale outdoor shopping center with plenty of places to eat. Ample parking most of the time, and there are isolated parking stalls along the eastern boundary that usually are not taken. Starbucks and Whole Foods are in the center.

--River Park is a newer outdoor shopping center on Blackstone and Nees Avenues just off freeway 41. Many places to eat, two Starbucks, movies, and lots of stores. Parking can be a problem, especially on weekends. About 1/4 mile south of the 41 freeway at the Friant Road/Blackstone/Nees Avenue exit.

If I were king, I would rank the locations as follows: Herndon Avenue, Fig Garden Village, River Park, Fashion Fair.

I would think that a location along SR99 would make more sense than one on SR41 because the traffic to and from Yosemite is largely seasonal, peaking in summer with much less traffic most of the rest of the year. Highway 99 serves more drivers as an alternate route from Sacramento to Los Angeles, and it better serves those who travel to or from Stockton, Modesto, Merced and Visalia . The distance along Herndon between 99 and 41 is about 7 miles at 50MPH. The traffic signals are spaced one-half mile apart and are generally synchronized.

Most of the rest of Fresno is crappy. The corridor along 99 is largely fleabag motels. Downtown is making a small revival, but is still mostly seedy. Clovis is too far east of Highway 41 to be a sensible location. South of town is largely industrial or farmland. Selma, Fowler and Kingsburg are just too small to have any decent selections for things to do whilst charging.

But we shall see!

I live in Fresno. My guesses in no particular order of importance:

--Somewhere near the Herndon Avenue exit off SR99. This is the extreme northwest corner of the city. There is a one-year old outdoor mall with the usual complement of stores like Target, Old Navy, etc., plus several eateries like Pie-ology. There is plenty of space for Superchargers and acres of parking. Also, a little closer to the freeway are two motels (I think one is Holiday Inn Express) if Tesla were to choose that style. These places are easily less than a furlong off 99.

--Fashion Fair Mall about 1/4 mile east of the SR41 freeway on Shaw Ave. This mall is about 40 years old with both indoor and outdoor shopping. Many restaurants are there including Flemming's, and I believe the Cheesecake Factory. This mall already has a few J1772s and a CHAdeMO and maybe even an SAE Combo, but I am too lazy to look on PlugShare. Plenty of parking.

--FigGarden Village is also on Shaw, about 3/4 mile west of freeway 41. This is a fine upscale outdoor shopping center with plenty of places to eat. Ample parking most of the time, and there are isolated parking stalls along the eastern boundary that usually are not taken. Starbucks and Whole Foods are in the center.

--River Park is a newer outdoor shopping center on Blackstone and Nees Avenues just off freeway 41. Many places to eat, two Starbucks, movies, and lots of stores. Parking can be a problem, especially on weekends. About 1/4 mile south of the 41 freeway at the Friant Road/Blackstone/Nees Avenue exit.

If I were king, I would rank the locations as follows: Herndon Avenue, Fig Garden Village, River Park, Fashion Fair.

I would think that a location along SR99 would make more sense than one on SR41 because the traffic to and from Yosemite is largely seasonal, peaking in summer with much less traffic most of the rest of the year. Highway 99 serves more drivers as an alternate route from Sacramento to Los Angeles, and it better serves those who travel to or from Stockton, Modesto, Merced and Visalia . The distance along Herndon between 99 and 41 is about 7 miles at 50MPH. The traffic signals are spaced one-half mile apart and are generally synchronized.

Most of the rest of Fresno is crappy. The corridor along 99 is largely fleabag motels. Downtown is making a small revival, but is still mostly seedy. Clovis is too far east of Highway 41 to be a sensible location. South of town is largely industrial or farmland. Selma, Fowler and Kingsburg are just too small to have any decent selections for things to do whilst charging.

But we shall see!

I would lay money on 99 as well. 41 would be too far. Also heard rumors of Tulare, but the map pin on the Tesla site is too far north for that.

I live in Fresno.

Condolences. Sorry, can't resist, I grew up there (Hoover HS, '87, go Patriots!). :)

My guesses in no particular order of importance:

I agree that'd a really good area...amenities close to the freeway yet not crowded.

Fashion Fair does have an SAE Combo paired with a CHAdeMO (I used the CHAdeMO side when I was in town this summer). But like you I think this is not really idea for supporting long-distance travel along the 99 corridor. Same with the other 41 locations.

Only been through Fresno a couple of times on the way to Sequoia/Kings Canyon, but I'd think you'd want to be near the junction of 99 with 41 or maybe 180, as those will see the most traffic. You want to be convenient to people coming up/down 99 as well as those coming up 41 from the SLO area, and that means Herndon's well out of the way for two of the three directions for those heading east into the mountains.

Only been through Fresno a couple of times on the way to Sequoia/Kings Canyon, but I'd think you'd want to be near the junction of 99 with 41 or maybe 180, as those will see the most traffic. You want to be convenient to people coming up/down 99 as well as those coming up 41 from the SLO area, and that means Herndon's well out of the way for two of the three directions for those heading east into the mountains.

This. I drive to Fresno from SoCal, and Herndon/99 would be WAY out of the way for that route. Fresno is also the way into Yosemite from SoCal. Anyone going to Yosemite from the Bay Area will go in via the 140 or 120 and won't make it as far down as Fresno. So Herndon/99 would be out of the way for anyone going to Yosemite through Fresno.

Ideally, I think they should put it near the 99 / 41 intersection so as to pickup both people headed into Fresno/Yosemite, or (2nd choice) put it in Fresno somewhere near the 41 (e.g. Fashion Fair or Fig Garden or Riverpark as mentioned above), but this won't be as useful for people just headed past Fresno on the 99.

Of course this is all armchair planning assuming they have already selected a spot.

This shopping area is called The Marketplace at El Paseo. Their web site lists new and upcoming tenants. Guess who's listed under 'Coming soon'? :)

Fullscreen%252520capture%252520942015%252520125845%252520PM.jpg

The Marketplace at El Paseo

This shopping area is called The Marketplace at El Paseo. Their web site lists new and upcoming tenants. Guess who's listed under 'Coming soon'? :)

Fullscreen%252520capture%252520942015%252520125845%252520PM.jpg

The Marketplace at El Paseo
Ah, well, good for us Bay Areans coming down 99 and continuing south or east, or those going up 99. I suppose it isn't that far out of the way for SoCal types coming up 99 or 41 and continuing on 41 into Yosemite, but sucks if they're going to take 168 or 180 eastbound, or are coming back from those and heading south/southwest.