Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla partnering with two dozen parking garages in Manhattan for pay-to-use HPWC's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good initiative.

Note that when I checked plugshare before our trip to NYC last month, there were already many HPWC in car parks, not withstanding the many more J1772.
Given that there is a supercharger just outside of the city, we didn't use any destination charging, just charged enough to get into the city, drive around and get out.

Considering some of the locations the iPark at 61 Jane St was my garage for years while I lived a couple of blocks away. Quite a few of the locations are residential garages and appear to be oriented mostly to New York residents. despite the statements fewer of them seem to be located in prime commuter spots so far. It is safe to assume there will be quite a few more coming and probably quite a few oriented to prime commuter parking facilities. I'm quite happy to see this, especially because the modest-seeming ring of Superchargers around NYC are quite well=placed for everyone going in and out. Now, how to solve the permanent plug-in problem for residents. That is trickier.

I'd like to hear from some Manhattan resident owners thoughts.