Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla School Visits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was dropping my kids off at school the other day when my 11 year old daughter Madi (grade 5) started the following conversation:

Madi - "Daddy, are you going to drop us off at school when you get your new Tesla?"
Me - "Of course I will why?"
Madi - "It's going to be weird because everyone will be looking at us"
Me - "Don't worry I don't think many people have heard of Tesla"
Madi - "every boy in my class knows about them, they talk about them all the time"

Obviously all the Youtube videos of P85Ds blowing away Supercars have resonated with the boys!

Anyway this got me thinking that there is a good opportunity to start spreading the word about electric vehicles and alternative energy sources through our kids. They are much more open to new things than their parents. I'm going to approach her school and see if they would like to run some information sessions with the kids where they watch a short presentation then have a look at the car up close and ask questions. These kids won't be making decisions about buying their first car for quite a while but they can certainly influence their parents decision making in the meantime.

Have any Tesla owners already gone down this path?

I was dropping my kids off at school the other day when my 11 year old daughter Madi (grade 5) started the following conversation:

Madi - "Daddy, are you going to drop us off at school when you get your new Tesla?"
Madi - "every boy in my class knows about them, they talk about them all the time"

Obviously all the Youtube videos of P85Ds blowing away Supercars have resonated with the boys!

Anyway this got me thinking that there is a good opportunity to start spreading the word about electric vehicles and alternative energy sources through our kids. They are much more open to new things than their parents. I'm going to approach her school and see if they would like to run some information sessions with the kids where they watch a short presentation then have a look at the car up close and ask questions. These kids won't be making decisions about buying their first car for quite a while but they can certainly influence their parents decision making in the meantime.

Def going to do this if the youngest one's school is keen.
love that quote "every boy in my class knows about them, they talk about them all the time", it used to be Brocky's SLR 5000 now it's Elon's Tesla.

How bizarre, I must be in the twilight zone. I had a similar conversation yesterday afternoon with my daughter. And she goes to an all girls school. So I would even widen that theory.

How bizarre, I must be in the twilight zone. I had a similar conversation yesterday afternoon with my daughter. And she goes to an all girls school. So I would even widen that theory.

That's great! Good to see that the word is getting out there with the younger generation. It's a shame that the Aussie dollar is making Tesla's significantly more expensive for Aussies cos I think that will push a lot of potential buyers out of the market.

That's great! Good to see that the word is getting out there with the younger generation. It's a shame that the Aussie dollar is making Tesla's significantly more expensive for Aussies cos I think that will push a lot of potential buyers out of the market.

That's true and it is concerning form an insurance point of view too... Do you insure the car for what you paid for it or for what it is worth now given the increase in prices? That is a tough one.

Young people definitely get Tesla.
Went to my nephews birthday party a few weeks ago and there was lots of 12 year olds crawling all over the car including the obligatory photos in the frunk. Had to promise some rides home to get the kids back to the party and ended up running a guessing competition for the limited seats. Got each kid in turn to enter his address in the touch screen so we could find the way, of course almost didn't have to show them how. Only hiccup was one kid who couldn't remember his home address!

Yes I have taken my Roadster to schools several times often combining it with with presentations on sustainability, EV's, or how we cut our carbon footprint over 80%. Reaching the next generation is a great way
to get the word out. Car shows are another great opportunity. As usual I had people lined up with many good questions. Including a local reporter who wants to do a story on electric vehicles.

Last edited:
Yes I have taken my Roadster to schools several times often combining it with with presentations on sustainability, EV, or how we cut our carbon footprint over 80%. Reaching the next generation is a great was to get the word out. Car shows are another great opportunity. As usual I had people lined up with many good questions. Includin/ a local reporter who wants to do a story.

Regarding a car show, I have enquired about such a thing in my home town at our race track; I'm just hoping I have my Model S by the 10th October.

Fuchs South Coast Raceway