Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S "Alpha" testing pictures????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have pictures of the Model S "Alpha" during its cold weather testing?

Have there been any other pictures of the "Alpha" in the wild?

Does anyone have pics of the "Alpha" test fleet as a group?

Are there any pics with the third row of seats?

Are there any pics with any "Alpha" on a dyno?

I hope new Alpha pictures can clear the question if they dropped the front blue led bar or not.

front_3_4_static.jpg

VS.

Tesla%20Model%20S.jpg

why is the aerodynamics not as good like daimlers CLS or E-class. They claim 0.24 compared to 0.27 of Model S. Or does Elon wants to surprise us. (0.27 is not to bad at all)
Those are on the coupes (or 4 door couple style in the CLS with barely any rear headroom), which have different profiles than sedans. The E Class sedan is .25, which supposedly took lots and lots of tweaking by Mercedes engineers.

Actually NUMMI has a pinched loop with banked curves that I always thought was or could be a simple test track.
NUMMI plant, - Google Maps

It looks like it to me too. I guess Tesla could use it for a bit of "real world" verification before ramping up production but that's about it. I'm amazed how small it is compared to the output the Tesla plant is capable of.

Looks like the plant came including a not-so-small railway station...

That's good, it will make it far easier for large amounts of parts/equipment to be delivered to the factory.

I think Alpha pictures are not being pushed because the final S will look more like the prototype. Obviously with the just launched national tour of the prototype (to drum up business) Tesla is acknowledging the organic curves are more appealing to buyers and potential buyers. If the Alpha were all that then they would be touring with an Alpha.

At least this is my hope.

Ken,

I agree--I think the alpha is focused on the guts of the car, not the looks...and they've stated several times in the past that the final exterior will be very close to the prototype. It probably just have to have dimensions similar to the final car, so they can work on the interior, crash testing, etc.

We know the grill is just temporary...and many of the other parts probably are as well.

I just think Tesla should have made that clear when they released the video, because it spooked a lot of deposit holders and investors alike. Regardless, I still feel confident we won't be disappointed.

Doug it was a joke......only a joke. The Model S looks for better than the G25 and G37.:cool:

I know... but I couldn't help commenting. The looks of the G37 are fine, but nowhere near as sexy as the Model S (which will eventually be replacing my G37).

Aside: I simply hate Infiniti's color selections - all shades of grey. Even blue looks grey. The one color I liked - red - was cancelled. I hate grey cars. I ended up with black. But I digress... from the tangent.