Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch Event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok. Thanks. For some reason I thought it was new. I guess more details should be announced soon regardless, since production has neared. So, in addition to the configuration which Elon alluded to on last week's call, I suspect there could be an event announcing details.

Here is a new thought. Does anyone else think that IF there is an X reveal in September that they will have something like 100 Model Xs behind a curtain or wall and that they will all be available for delivery that day if the recipients are there. As most if not all of those 100 are probably founders it could all be done behind the scenes with no public notice. There were like 10 at the Model S first delivery and since they are talking that his will ramp up much faster that would certainly prove the point well. Ludicrous or possible ? Cool event if they could pull it off !!

Here is a new thought. Does anyone else think that IF there is an X reveal in September that they will have something like 100 Model Xs behind a curtain or wall and that they will all be available for delivery that day if the recipients are there. As most if not all of those 100 are probably founders it could all be done behind the scenes with no public notice. There were like 10 at the Model S first delivery and since they are talking that his will ramp up much faster that would certainly prove the point well. Ludicrous or possible ? Cool event if they could pull it off !!

I'm guessing there will be probably less than 30 Founders.

It would be a cool event, but anything showing the X would be phenomenal :).

There were ~25 Model S Founders car, I'd expect that there would certainly be no more than that when it comes to Xs and probably less (not all the Founders will want a Model X).

Tesla was actively dampening ramp-up expectations at the last ER; yes, Tesla has more manufacturing experience now than in 2012 but ~70% of the parts are still new and there just needs to be one problem with one small part and the whole line will slow. Complex manufacturing ramps are slow and steady and it will be no difference with Model X, even if possibly quicker/smoother than the S ramp.

(My bold in the quote)

There were ~25 Model S Founders car, I'd expect that there would certainly be no more than that when it comes to Xs and probably less (not all the Founders will want a Model X).

Tesla was actively dampening ramp-up expectations at the last ER; yes, Tesla has more manufacturing experience now than in 2012 but ~70% of the parts are still new and there just needs to be one problem with one small part and the whole line will slow. Complex manufacturing ramps are slow and steady and it will be no difference with Model X, even if possibly quicker/smoother than the S ramp.

(My bold in the quote)

Fair enough do you think there will be a delivery party ? Do you think they will deliver more than the 10 at the Model S delivery party ?

Fair enough do you think there will be a delivery party ? Do you think they will deliver more than the 10 at the Model S delivery party ?

I definitely think there'll be a delivery party but it might well be like the Model S Founders delivery, invited guests and press only. Maybe some early Sig holders but I doubt I'll get an invitation (Sig #313).

More than 10 cars? Probably, but less than 30.

I definitely think there'll be a delivery party but it might well be like the Model S Founders delivery, invited guests and press only. Maybe some early Sig holders but I doubt I'll get an invitation (Sig #313).

More than 10 cars? Probably, but less than 30.

Well - you might get an invitation to come stand near the cars, and clap for the people that are getting theirs Nigel! I'm with you - low hundreds Sig reservation will be early configuration and delivery, but I'm guessing more like a month after first deliveries rather than first day or week.

Well - you might get an invitation to come stand near the cars, and clap for the people that are getting theirs Nigel! I'm with you - low hundreds Sig reservation will be early configuration and delivery, but I'm guessing more like a month after first deliveries rather than first day or week.

I'm still not expecting my car before November. Fingers crossed though!