Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Ottawa Area Tesla Owners Get Together - Oct 4, 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Janette and I travelled to Westport on Sunday to scope out how we could proceed with the next Ottawa Area Owners Get together. I have discussed my findings with Doug George and we are good to go.

Date: 10:00 on Oct 04, 2015 - date selected co-oincides best with our schedules and we should be able to see the Fall colours.

Location: Model S and Roadster Convoy meet at 10:00 at a parking lot area near the Canadian Tire Centre. We will then travel in convoy to Westport by entering 417 at Palladium Drive; driving to Hwy 15; then travelling on Hwy 10 through Perth to Westport. I will hand out maps of Westport to those who attend so you will know where to go easily in Westport.

Lunch: 13:00 -15:00 At Steve's Rideau Restaurant, 39 Bedford Street, Westport, K0G 1X0 (613-273-3133).

I have spoken with the restaurant Owner and she suggested that the restaurant provide us with a special meal for our group. This meal is not usually on their daily menu! It is part of their banquet arrangements. This would help with catering to ensure we can all eat at the same time. The meal would cost $19.95 plus tax and would include a Salad, a Main, Dessert and Tea and Coffee. Beer and Wine are available at the restaurant.

The main will be one of two choices - Roast Turkey (appropriate as near Thanksgiving) or Prime Rib. The restaurant would prefer providing one main for our sized group but they indicated that they could provide two different mains (provided the number of each meal is sufficient). We need to let them know a week in advance how many of each main that we would like to have.

FYI there were only 2 possible Restaurant options in Westport that could seat our large group. The other restaurant (The Cove) has a band playing on Oct 04 with a cover charge of $10 per person. This event usually draws over 150 people. Another group of 40 from Kingston/Brockville area also has a booking at the Cove. Hence we selected Steve's Restaurant, which is also closer to where our group can park and should be quieter!

Parkng: Just past Steve's restaurant is an Elementary School where we could all park.

RSVP: Grateful if you would let me know by Sept 30 at the latest whether you plan to attend along with your meal preference.

I need to advise the restaurant in advance about the number of people and their preferred meal preferences.

We look forward to seeing everyone again as well as Tesla owners who could not make the first meeting. I have made a booking for 20-40 people.

See Soon Mate!

Aussie Bob and Aussie Janette

image.jpg
View of Westport as you enter town.

As I will be travelling during later part of Sept (return Oct01) it would be appreciated if those who plan to participate in the Tesla Road Rally to Westport on Oct 04 would let me know ASAP so that I can set up arrangements with restaurant before I start travelling.

So far e- mail or TMC replies have following attending

Bob and Janette Mason
Mike Colpitts
Steve and Sharon Gultz
Elbe (Toronto)
Gerard Metrailler (not certain of number of family members)
Albatross (name please)

Gratefuk for indication of preferred meal choice when you commit to function.

Thanks

BOB

OTTAWA - WESTPORT TESLA RALLY - 10:00AM on Sunday OCT 04,

Our rally to Westport is less than 2 weeks away. I am travelling in the USA at the present time . We return on Oct 03, just in time for the rally.

In preparation for the event I am suggesting that we meet at the Home Depot parking lot in Kanata which is near the Canadian Tire Hockey rink at 10:00 AM on Oct 04. This will allow us time to get organized and travel to Westport in time for lunch.

This location will also make it easy for us to travel to the 417 and then on to Westport.

Thus far we have about 16 attending with 9 cars as of Sept 23. I believe two of the attendees will join us in Westport from Brockville and Toronto. Attendees so far are:

1. Bob and Janette Mason
2. Steve and Sharon Gutz
3. Gerard Metrailler
4. Rick and Bobbi Soderstrom
5. Raymond, Line, & Nicholas Leury
6. Doug George and Mercedez
7. Bob Bell and Wendy Grief (travelling from Brockville to Westport on their own)
8. "Elbe" from Toronto
9. "Albatross" from Ottawa - it would be appreciated if you could provide me with your Full name and e- mail address so that I can add you to our Ottawa Tesla owners e-mail list.

I was in contact with the restaurant yesterday - STEVE'S RIDEAU RESTAURANT, 39 Bedford Street, Westport (613-273-3133) - before I started travelling.

As our numbers are not as high as initially expected, the only set meal that the restaurant can provide to us is the turkey option. We need over 20 just ordering beef to have the prime rib option, but with Thanksgiving near, the Turkey option appears feasible. Sorry to those who would prefer beef but I am certain Turkey, around Thanksgiving, should be fine!

ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO JOIN US, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO THAT I CAN ADVISE THE RESTAURANT ABOUT HOW MANY WILL BE ATTENDING THE LUNCH. We would welcome as many as possible to attend the event. The more the merrier.

Janette and I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday Oct 04.

Bob

As suggested by Doug, let's all meet at IKEA charger opening at 10:00 AM on Oct 04. We can tben travel in convoy to Westport. I am suggesting that Doug be our lead car!

We return from the Portland, Oregon early AM Oct 03. I plan to then advise the restaurant of our numbers Sat AM.

if anyone is still thinking of attending please let me know by e-mail or on site.