Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Balfour, British Columbia (Kootenay Lake Region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cpa

May 17, 2014
Central Valley
I wanted to share with you folks that my wife and I just returned from a fabulous couple of days on the north side of the arm of Kootenay Lake that flows down towards Nelson at Balfour. Richard and Pat Rowland recently opened a bed and breakfast about 5 km west of the Balfour Ferry Terminal on Highway 3A. It turns out that they have a single 14-50 outlet, and they allowed us to charge our S85 there.

Richard also is a licensed fishing guide for those of you who like to catch bull and rainbow trout and kokanee. He indicated that guests (and likely fishers who hire him) would not be charged for electricity, but would likely charge those just passing through.

Here is their website:

Home

I did a range charge at Ritzville earlier in the day, and we arrived with about 70km of energy in the battery, driving at or slightly under the speed limits. We returned to the United States via the MV Osprey 2000 ferry across Kootenay Lake and down by Creston and charged at Couer D'Alene. That was an easy drive with no range issues.

I listed their establishment on PlugShare too. The attached picture is of the back side of their house where the two rooms available for guests open onto a grassy area. Breakfasts and their hospitality were superb!

Attachments

• balfour b and b.jpg
    balfour b and b.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 308
Great to hear! Looking forward to driving an ICE, but we need a few more charge points along Hwy 3 and in the BC Interior for my snowboarding season! It's a dead zone between Red Mountain (Rossland, BC) and Castle Mountain (Pincher Creek-ish, AB)