Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aerodynamics not yet optimized :-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owning one of the most aerodynamic cars ever built brings visions of the car moving effortlessly through the air, and the air passing gently around the car. Well I guess there is a little more work to do to reach that state . . .

Picture1.png

i got a bird the other day too at 80mph. surprised my windshield didn't crack.

Ran in to a work associate a year or so ago, and his face was all cut up, stitches etc. I asked him what happened, and he said a Canada Goose had gone right through his windshield and hit him in the face. Apparently the goose was eviscerated as it came through and he said his car was a horror show of blood and guts. The first responders had thought the gore was from him and/or a passenger at first. Somehow he managed to maintain control and get over on to the shoulder.

Ran in to a work associate a year or so ago, and his face was all cut up, stitches etc. I asked him what happened, and he said a Canada Goose had gone right through his windshield and hit him in the face. Apparently the goose was eviscerated as it came through and he said his car was a horror show of blood and guts. The first responders had thought the gore was from him and/or a passenger at first. Somehow he managed to maintain control and get over on to the shoulder.

The question is...

Was the Goose thawed?

I'm sorry for your acquaintance and his vehicle. But on the positive side there is now one fewer of those !@#$% flying pigs in the sky. Or in my backyard using the lawn as a latrine.

I recently returned from a trip to Iowa. The morning after I got back, I went to the grocery store. When I was finished shopping, I came out to see 3 birds standing on the curb and picking dead bugs out of the grill work. I decided it might be a good time to take TessTwo in for a bath/shower.

The original reference may have been a bit lost.

I'm not sure if this is "urban legend" or not, but there was a story going around that a UK rail company developing a high speed train had "borrowed" some sort of bird cannon from the US Air Force that they used to test combat planes for high speed bird strikes. When, no matter what, the birds kept crashing through the train windshields, they inquired and were told "you have to thaw the birds first"!