Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Production- possible once it starts??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
Is the car in a Black Box while being built, or can you follow its progress eg what bit they are currently sticking on it?
And if I can't watch the CCTV of my car's production, then I want to know why!!!!
(sorry, just excited about the build beginning. I am very, very boring and stable at work. And at home, mostly. Oh well)

Is the car in a Black Box while being built, or can you follow its progress eg what bit they are currently sticking on it?
And if I can't watch the CCTV of my car's production, then I want to know why!!!!
(sorry, just excited about the build beginning. I am very, very boring and stable at work. And at home, mostly. Oh well)

Unfortunately not ICUDoc. Do what we all did and keep refreshing your My Tesla page 20 times a day whilst in production. :love:
On average it takes between 5 and 7 days to build and 2 months to ship, wharf strikes allowing. :cool:

Nope! It HAS been suggested in the past that cctv of the production line should be available, but stony silence on the issue from Tesla. Just hope they don't do to you what they did to me - 20 odd days in production with no explanation. The car has been great over the past 8 months tho', with only two extremely minor issues. One, a slightly sticky charge port door, fixed in 10 mins, and a low coolant fluid warning on one occasion when I was stationery on a 30 degree incline, which was probably the reason, but they added a bit of fluid anyway just to be sure, and checked for leaks and found none.