Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nation drive electricweek- Long beach...info?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mikeg561,

The Long Beach event is the first NDEW location that the OC Tesla group has decided to support (as a group). Members of of the OC group were actually emailed this particular location as the one for the club earlier today. The organizer had reached out to our group and we've decided to support it. The Long Beach event from two years ago is one of the better run events and I believe at this particular one is also organized by the same folks.

I , as an individual, am also going to Diamond Bar (later that day) and Los Angeles the next day.

NDEW used to be called National Plug In Day and I've been to several.

From 2012

National Plug in Day 2012 The El Segundo event for Los Angeles County. | My ActiveE made me Accidentally Environmental

National Plug in Day 2012… Part 2… The Cypress event for Orange County. | My ActiveE made me Accidentally Environmental

from 2013 in Long Beach

National Plug in Day 2013 Over 200+ EVs in Long Beach | My ActiveE made me Accidentally Environmental

Apparently I didn't write a post on the Huntington Beach event in 2014. It was a lot more chaotic and the organizers were "messed" up by HB parking... They didn't block out the lots for the participating EVs, so no real good "camaraderie" between EV participants and the like... That one looked good for sponsors, but not the fun part of EV advocacy.

[Added on August 11]

From the sign-up page - "At Houghton Park in Long Beach, CA we'll have electric buses, cars, 18 wheelers, bicycles and motorcycles as well as information about all the benefits of electric propulsion."

Last edited:
Oh, excellent! This is within 3 miles of home. I can bring the Smart ED fully charged for giving test rides. Granted, only about 60 miles worth of test rides, unless there are some J1772 stations there.

It's just a shame we won't see a Model X there.