Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thank you Jerome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AlMc

'When the music is on...you gotta dance' (Go Elon)
Apr 23, 2013
Delaware
Jerome Guillen appears to be taking a leave of absence until Dec 31, 2015 according to a recent SEC quarterly filing. I did not wish to believe this at first but everyone needs to take a breather from time to time. I do not wish to speculate the reason for this leave but am hopeful that he will be back as he has been a real asset to the TM management team. I can not speak for everyone but as to my own dealing with him I find he has provided me with service that exceeded my expectations. He answered every one of my emails promptly and professionally. I will miss him during his absence and hope to see him back January 1, 2016.

THANK YOU JEROME!

Jerome Guillen appears to be taking a leave of absence until Dec 31, 2015 according to a recent SEC quarterly filing. I did not wish to believe this at first but everyone needs to take a breather from time to time. I do not wish to speculate the reason for this leave but am hopeful that he will be back as he has been a real asset to the TM management team. I can not speak for everyone but as to my own dealing with him I find he has provided me with service that exceeded my expectations. He answered every one of my emails promptly and professionally. I will miss him during his absence and hope to see him back January 1, 2016.

THANK YOU JEROME!

+1 completely agree.

However, as a stock holder, it does concern me that Tesla would be without its head of service for several months. Imho, scaling the service organization for X and 3 is critical to Tesla's success, and from what I've seen Tesla has been having significant growing pains here.

THANK YOU JEROME!

Unfortunately I have not had direct contact with Jerome Guillen, but judging from many posts here I have to strongly agree with you. From what was quoted, I liked his straight forward responses to questions/problems submitted from owners. Obviously as Tesla grows, it will be hard to keep up with the number of requests alone, but I would like him leading a team and forming it according to his style. Sincerly hope this doesn´t collide with Elons ideas. So relax for now, but come back soon!

THANK YOU JEROME!
Agreed. My one intersection with him via email resulted in a personal note and a positive result. I hope he reads these and knows he has a support base.

Little known: Jerome was instrumental in breaking up the log jam of early Model S deliveries. Word is that he held a twice daily meeting, with a spreadsheet listing every single car not-yet-delivered or delivered-with-issues, each VIN assigned to a specific employee, and reviewed morning & night with those employees demanding answers regarding progress towards resolving. Painful I'm sure for everyone involved, but also necessary to get cars to people who were frustrated. Easy to work for? Probably not :). But his integrity and commitment are top-notch and I think the world of him.

Whatever he decides to do over the next four months, I'm sure he'll do it well.

I've met and shortly discussed with Mr Jerome Guillen during the opening of the Montreal Tesla store last december. He was kind enough to spend a few moments with me. Hope his leave is not permanent as he greatly contributes to Tesla innovations and customer relationships.

Merci monsieur Guillen, portez vous bien.

Everyone should get a four month sabbatical every four or five years. Although I never had any personal dealing with Jerome, I've followed enough posts to know he has been a great asset to Tesla.

Tesla significantly changed his role last March -- http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...les-chief-amid-search-for-regional-executives whilst asserting "Jerome has not been demoted in any way" which is much like a formal statement by a sports franchise owner declaring his confidence in the coach.

He has exercised options for ~ $4.75 million, retaining about $700,000 worth at last report in mid-July and the board has determined he is no longer an officer of the company (meaning that if he sold his last set of options it wouldn't be reported). It seems fairly clear that he's not going to be a major part of the program going forward.

Wouldn't he also be the person who came up with/approved the crazy service pricing? As well as the recent removal of the alignment from the service.

Not to mention the anti-DIY/indy shop Tesla policy and the severe disconnect between various service managers and company policy?

I would rather have someone with a more consumer friendly attitude heading service who was less responsive to email.

Little known: Jerome was instrumental in breaking up the log jam of early Model S deliveries. Word is that he held a twice daily meeting, with a spreadsheet listing every single car not-yet-delivered or delivered-with-issues, each VIN assigned to a specific employee, and reviewed morning & night with those employees demanding answers regarding progress towards resolving. Painful I'm sure for everyone involved, but also necessary to get cars to people who were frustrated. Easy to work for? Probably not :). But his integrity and commitment are top-notch and I think the world of him.

Whatever he decides to do over the next four months, I'm sure he'll do it well.

Here, here!

Adding my voice to the chorus, for what it's worth. Thank you Jerome for lending such an instrumental hand in bringing the company (and Model S in particular) to today's outstanding level of success.

Wouldn't he also be the person who came up with/approved the crazy service pricing? As well as the recent removal of the alignment from the service.

Not to mention the anti-DIY/indy shop Tesla policy and the severe disconnect between various service managers and company policy?

I would rather have someone with a more consumer friendly attitude heading service who was less responsive to email.
My guess is that Jerome is/was the person OPPOSING these seriously customer alienating measures. Hence his withdrawal/dismissal.