Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bike Rack Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh mighty sages of Tesladom, please help!

I have a family of four mountain bikers, and basically can't figure out a way to get all four bikes to fit in and around my Model S with the kids in the back seat. Adding to the challenge is two of them (my wife's and mine) are lefties (Cannondale Trigger), thus taking off the front wheel is a pain in the internal combustion engine (ICE - get it:tongue:?).

I've thought about roof racks, but am not sure you can fit four bikes on the roof. Reality is I can probably get one in back, so three on top or on the back would work, until we want to go on a vacation and need more than the frunk for luggage. I don't really want to add a hitch, but if that is the only option I'm at least open to it.

Final question; impact on range?

After almost three years and having driven as far as Augusta, ME and Naples, FL (much of it before the superchargers were in place) I'm mostly past range anxiety. However, adding a range factor like racks and bikes will likely ignite that 2012 fear.

---
Mods, feel free to move if there is a similar thread. I searched and didn't see anything.