Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS app 2.5 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cyclone

Cyclonic Member ((.oO))
Jan 12, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Enable/Disable Valet Mode from iPhone App

Tesla has release v2.5 of this app. We now get the option to turn on/off Valet Mode remotely (if in park) and can do referrals right from the app.
SANmjqt.jpg

I hate the FromElon button.

Takes up space for something I'm not comfortable with in the least. If I wanted to be car salesmen I would have.

I get that they wanted to make it easy, but geesh.

Oh, well at least I got the time remaining and that's what I wanted.

It seems to connect to my car faster than before? Anyone else think so? Before there was a 7-10 second pause, now it seems like it only takes a few seconds.
I'm getting the all too familiar "waking car.." message that eventually times out saying "A connection to vehicle could not be made". Car is set to always connected etc.... this issue has been much talked about on other threads. Clearly the app update has nothing to do with the problem.

Since upgrading my app will no longer open at all. It opened once, downloaded Elon's message, but never connected to my car and still will not. In the meantime Remote S has no problem.

Since upgrading my app will no longer open at all. It opened once, downloaded Elon's message, but never connected to my car and still will not. In the meantime Remote S has no problem.
Have you tried uninstalling the app, restarting the iPhone, then reinstalling the app?
You shouldn't need to, but that has worked for me with other apps that don't function properly after an update.

Have you tried uninstalling the app, restarting the iPhone, then reinstalling the app?
You shouldn't need to, but that has worked for me with other apps that don't function properly after an update.
That is my next step. I have it taken the time yet, since Remote S is working fine.

Looks like a very nice update.

How nice it would be if (all) in-car software releases had current release notes as does the smartphone app.

Even that one single line about bug fixes and minor enhancements is helpful. Why? Glad you asked. Well, in part, because if that's the only release note, then one need not expect other, perhaps more substantive changes to the user experience from that release.