Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Turnpike Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the update too. Interesting facts I did not know. For instance the plan for generic chargers. I hope they install more of both Superchargers and other chargers too. New Jersey has a couple too. Frankly, I hope similar Interstate rest stop/toll road service plaza charging facilities become a national standard just as the ICE community has, hopefully in all the co-located facilities. I imagine almost all of them have extra parking space so can place the EV charging out of the way of other traffic.

Each time I have charged at one of those facilities at least a couple of ICE drivers have diverted to come ask questions.

Just an update from SunPass. States range of Model S is 265 miles and Model X is 230 miles.

Tesla Charging Stations at the Turnpike

Hi Robert,

As we know the Model S has a range of ranges depending on the particular model and battery size, The 70 rear wheel drive has an EPA range of 230 miles. The 90 rear wheel drive has an EPA range of about 281 miles and there are models in between these two values. To say "The Model S has a range of approximately 265 miles when fully charged..." is not precisely correct.

Perhaps the numbers for one of the models of the Model X may turn out to be in the ballpark, but the fact remains that Tesla has simply not revealed them so I would not put too much confidence in this number.

Larry

A couple of weeks ago I used the Ft Drum SC on my trip from Tampa to and from Palm Beach. It's very easy to find and the Ft Drum facilities are really nice. We easily made the trip with a 20 minute stop each way. I averaged 75-80 mph on the turnpike.

On the way down, we made a quick stop at the W Palm Bch SC, just so I knew where it was located. It is located conveniently between the turnpike exit and the I-95 entrance ramp. The folks at the service center were very nice, so nice that I ended up purchasing the Tesla storage bag for my frunk "microwave." I may not be faster than a D, or have AWD, but I've got storage!!

On the way down, we made a quick stop at the W Palm Bch SC,... The folks at the service center were very nice, so nice that I ended up purchasing the Tesla storage bag for my frunk "microwave."...
Ah yes. They are so nice there that i stop for a quick charge whenever i pass. The net effect of all that is that I have ended out buying stuff there that I don't really need. I wish I'd taken delivery there.

I was simply relating what is in the article and wondering where they got the info. I am certainly not putting stock in the SunPass info when the X is still an unknown. The 265 miles is the combined EPA for an 85.

I was simply relating what is in the article and wondering where they got the info. I am certainly not putting stock in the SunPass info when the X is still an unknown. The 265 miles is the combined EPA for an 85.

Hi Robert,

I apologize if my tone seemed unduly pedantic.

The 265 miles is not the combined EPA for a 85.
It is the EPA rating of a 85 rear wheel drive (either the standard or the discontinued Performance models).
The mileage for an 85D is 270.
The mileage of an Performance 85D is 253.

Larry