Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iphone app update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The updated app seems to wake the car and connect far more quickly than before the update. Anyone else with the same experience?

The app for the BMW i3 is so laboriously slow in connecting to the car, that I now start it up and then go cook dinner!

I remember that day at the Tesla meeting in Gosford how quickly the Tesla app could honk the horn. The Australian version of the BMW i3 app won't let you do that, but it does let you flash the headlights. So it's like press the flash headlight button, and then they'll flash by Friday...

I'm getting my D next week. When do they turn on the app?
It takes about 24 hours after delivery before the app will work.
You can download and sign in now but it will say something like no car associated with this account.
Tesla assign your car to your account on the day of delivery so that you can digitally sign their iPad indicating you have taken delivery.
I'm told more changes are required after that before the App works.

The updated app seems to wake the car and connect far more quickly than before the update. Anyone else with the same experience?
Yes it's substantially faster.

- - - Updated - - -

It takes about 24 hours after delivery before the app will work.
You can download and sign in now but it will say something like no car associated with this account.
Tesla assign your car to your account on the day of delivery so that you can digitally sign their iPad indicating you have taken delivery.
I'm told more changes are required after that before the App works.

As an interstate delivery I had to press a big "accept" button on mytesla portal before the app connection would get underway. It was active a few hours later, and RDIO the next day.

It appears the tic marks in the charge section have disappeared on my iphone since latest up date. There used to be small tic marks dividing the charge bar into ten parts. OS is ios 9.0.2., Tesla app version 2.5.1..