Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transport Long Distance - uship / brokers/ truckers - 2,800 miles East Coast to Calif

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am moving an East Coast car to California. Looking for more leads, and to help others. I have helped others with two cars, and shipped a couple of ancient 911s via uship in the past. Mostly it is brokers but occasionally you get lucky and get an actual shipper. If you are really lucky you get a shipper with an extra space that would have gone empty, so it is heavily discounted. Fuel costs are high. I think it maybe more expensive to ship to Florida from California as it is to ship from Florida to Europe! So far I have a bid for $1300 uncovered for the 2800 miles, $3600 enclosed trailer, and $830 driveaway. (someone unclear on the concept)

A Tesla roadster should get a shipping discount for the cool factor, and also it can save fuel in transport as it weighs only 200 pounds more than a SWB Porsche and is much more aerodynamic!

Any additional leads would be very much appreciated! Very anxious to get the car to California.
thank you.

I just had a Roadster shipped from California to Maryland in March. It ended up at $1400 for enclosed transport.

I used Motor Movers Auto Transport - they did a great job. Call Laura Curto at 480-428-1263, and tell her I sent you.

I just had a Roadster shipped from California to Maryland in March. It ended up at $1400 for enclosed transport.

I used Motor Movers Auto Transport - they did a great job. Call Laura Curto at 480-428-1263, and tell her I sent you.

thank you very much
- she is great - new number is 480-360-1261
apparently East to West is $450 more than West to East

but trying open uncovered to see if she can get the business anyway

thank you very much
- she is great - new number is 480-360-1261
apparently East to West is $450 more than West to East

but trying open uncovered to see if she can get the business anyway

A general note about enclosed transport - I assumed that would mean a hard shell and, well, enclosed trailer. At least for the shipper I used a couple years back to fetch my car East to West, it meant an open trailer with a roof and canvas (or similar) sides that could be well tied down. So there were no flying rocks hitting the car as it rolled down the road, but driving through a rainstorm or on wet roads would generate a large amount of water and dirt reaching the car.

There was a whole lot more cleaning of the car on arrival than I expected (a dismayingly large amount of that cleaning). Worth noting that I shipped in March, so there was snow, ice, and spring rain over the shipping time to drive through.

Montway Auto Transport

I am moving an East Coast car to California. Looking for more leads, and to help others. I have helped others with two cars, and shipped a couple of ancient 911s via uship in the past. Mostly it is brokers but occasionally you get lucky and get an actual shipper. If you are really lucky you get a shipper with an extra space that would have gone empty, so it is heavily discounted. Fuel costs are high. I think it maybe more expensive to ship to Florida from California as it is to ship from Florida to Europe! So far I have a bid for $1300 uncovered for the 2800 miles, $3600 enclosed trailer, and $830 driveaway. (someone unclear on the concept)

A Tesla roadster should get a shipping discount for the cool factor, and also it can save fuel in transport as it weighs only 200 pounds more than a SWB Porsche and is much more aerodynamic!

Any additional leads would be very much appreciated! Very anxious to get the car to California.
thank you.

Check out montway.com and get an instant pricing ... $3600 for enclosed seems to high, but it all depends on your Origin and Destination. My advice is if your Origin and/or Destination is a rural or small town area, try with nearby larger town to see the price difference. Sometimes that is several hundred dollars and it might be worth it to meet the trucker for either pick up and/ or delivery.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Check out montway.com and get an instant pricing ... $3600 for enclosed seems to high, but it all depends on your Origin and Destination. My advice is if your Origin and/or Destination is a rural or small town area, try with nearby larger town to see the price difference. Sometimes that is several hundred dollars and it might be worth it to meet the trucker for either pick up and/ or delivery.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I had a good experience with Montway a few years ago. The initial price was high but told me if I could be flexible with the shipping dates they could lower the price quite a bit. It was an enclosed trailer with solid walls. They were very professional and I would use them again.

I have shipped my Model S from New England to Phoenix twice. I used Reliable Auto Transport. The first time all the other cars were headed to the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction. They are a top notch carrier. But, like all the others, they do not want to drive out of their way to pick up, especially to NH. I drove to northern VA for 1 pickup and to CT for another, family visits made it easier. Cost was about $2000. It was fun to follow the progress using the app.