Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost 2 mo. wait time for service appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MichaelS

Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2012
Ashland, Oregon
After three days of service dragging their feet, I finally was able to get a service appointment today for my 36K service. September 24th!

Are other people seeing the same long wait times?

This is Fremont Service.

Last edited:
After three days of service dragging their feet, I finally was able to get a service appointment today for my 36K service. September 24th!

Are other people seeing the same long wait times?

This is Fremont Service.

I called Scottsdale today and am scheduled for my annual service a week from today, and they reserved a Model S loaner for me. Sounds like the CA service centers are over-extended.

I called Scottsdale today and am scheduled for my annual service a week from today, and they reserved a Model S loaner for me. Sounds like the CA service centers are over-extended.

Not only California.

I tried to schedule my first annual service, along with another issue, on July 29th, in Mt. Kisco. The first date I was offered was September 14.

I don't fault them at all. They want to do good work, and not rush things. There are just too many cars for them to service.

I waited about 5 weeks for a Sunnyvale, CA appt. But I was in no rush and didn't push it. I was actually planning a long road trip (which got cancelled) and when I called to ask if I could get a check up prior to going, they said they would find a way to fit me in that week if need be. After the trip died the next day, I just set a regular 12K check for my first time going in. Thought it might be prudent. Car is fine.

This should make for interesting times if Tesla enforces the requirement of all maintenance within 1 month of one year intervals, or within 1,000 miles of 12,500 increments in their Extended Service Agreement (referred to as a contract for an "Extended Warranty").

When I scheduled my 1 year, the actual appoint was greater than 1 month out and my mileage was at about 23k miles, so they performed the 25k mile service.

This should make for interesting times if Tesla enforces the requirement of all maintenance within 1 month of one year intervals, or within 1,000 miles of 12,500 increments in their Extended Service Agreement (referred to as a contract for an "Extended Warranty").

5-6 weeks wait time in Massachusetts with 2 Service Centers now, it's quite frustrating to be honest, it's been like that since last year.

This is true, but if the issue is urgent they will bump you up. Im on a 5 week wait for a new drive unit, but its making the pre-failure noises right now so not urgent but should be done before total failure. The prior issue was a bad ball joint which was much more urgent since it was near impossible to drive the car with the noise it made and it was getting worse quickly. For the ball joint I took it by and asked them to listen and tell me if I should wait. They agreed it needed to be done sooner and made it work.

They're reasonable but overloaded at most of these service centers, be polite and explain what you need and why and they'll take care of you.

I strongly think Tesla should be investing more in service centers. Their rollout lags far behind the superchargers and stores and the Model X is about to launch. They're already overloaded. How is this going to work? The initial X deliveries will not be issue-free.

Wow! In the US you have some really long waiting times. And in Europe we always talk about the amazing service that you get on the other side of the ocean.

I needed to go to SC for diagnostics (there were strange alerts coming up). I called them in Brussels service center and asked if they have time on Monday. They said: "Yes, can you come at 9:00?". The car was diagnosed and fixed the same day.

Was I lucky or they thought it is urgent? Don't know.

Last edited: