Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Online Configuration by September.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X configuring in August

Specifically Elon said on the Q2 conference call, 2-3 weeks from today (Aug 5), so that's August 19 through 26. Meaning maybe end of August! First deliveries still end of September.

But based on what else Elon said, I am personally forecasting not seeing customer deliveries until October or November...

He said "two to three weeks probably" (slightly mumbling as usual though) so it might be sooner than September. Anyhow, looks like we maybe won't have to wait till end September?

Man, you guys are a bunch of optimists. I love that.

I've only been following Tesla closely for a month or two, but I believe I know what "two to three weeks probably" means. That extra "probably" is him signaling uncertainty (which doesn't seem to be his bag), so I'd over-emphasize that in my interpretation.

The Beta phase was over months ago. Model X has been in Release Candidate phase since around March, and today's Shareholder letter & Conference call indicated that Release Candidate Model X vehicles had been built on the new assembly line in Fremont.

If the assembly line tooling was just validated last week (one of the reasons for the factory shutdown), then what have we been looking at in all the sightings? Because I seem to recall a few people sure that those were coming off the assembly line. Now we know that wasn't true.

I'm sticking with FrankenCar for now and patiently waiting to see the X:)

If the assembly line tooling was just validated last week (one of the reasons for the factory shutdown), then what have we been looking at in all the sightings? Because I seem to recall a few people sure that those were coming off the assembly line. Now we know that wasn't true.

I'm sticking with FrankenCar for now and patiently waiting to see the X:)

Although you know I 100% agree with you that what we see isn't the final X, not being made on the final assembly line doesn't mean what we've been seeing isn't representative of the final product -- though, I still firmly believe it will look different.

Although you know I 100% agree with you that what we see isn't the final X, not being made on the final assembly line doesn't mean what we've been seeing isn't representative of the final product -- though, I still firmly believe it will look different.

Oh absolutely agree that it doesn't mean it MUST be different. Only pointing out that people saying 'that's a production car' on the road and concluding it was the final version, might have to reconsider.

Oh absolutely agree that it doesn't mean it MUST be different. Only pointing out that people saying 'that's a production car' on the road and concluding it was the final version, might have to reconsider.

Release Candidate != Production Car

I don't think we've seen the final product, but I also believe it is highly unlikely that the final product will be substantially different in general appearance from what we've seen in the spy photos and videos. The nose cone and perhaps some of the exterior panel details may be different, but the interior utility and exterior aerodynamic requirements mean that the overall profile simply cannot change.

Release Candidate != Production Car

I don't think we've seen the final product, but I also believe it is highly unlikely that the final product will be substantially different in general appearance from what we've seen in the spy photos and videos. The nose cone and perhaps some of the exterior panel details may be different, but the interior utility and exterior aerodynamic requirements mean that the overall profile simply cannot change.

I agree. I've never understood the comments that the looks of Model X would be shockingly different.

Specifically Elon said on the Q2 conference call, 2-3 weeks from today (Aug 5), so that's August 19 through 26. Meaning maybe end of August! First deliveries still end of September.

But based on what else Elon said, I am personally forecasting not seeing customer deliveries until October or November...
What no one knows on this forum (but that I'm sure Elon is taking into account) is that my birthday is on the 17th - so reveal announcement on August - 17th, reveal event and design studio open on the 26th or 27th.

There, done now, plan accordingly. If you are booking tickets from Europe or Asia to fly to California for the reveal event, you may want to leave a day or two on each side for safety. Come see the Golden Gate Bridge or go for a drive along the PCH. Have a bar-b-q at Bonnie's. Chill..everything is under control. :cool:

My wife has been asking more and more often "when do I get my car?!"

I told her to expect it around mid-to-late November, perhaps on the anniversary date of my Model S (Nov 26).

What no one knows on this forum (but that I'm sure Elon is taking into account) is that my birthday is on the 17th - so reveal announcement on August - 17th, reveal event and design studio open on the 26th or 27th.

There, done now, plan accordingly. If you are booking tickets from Europe or Asia to fly to California for the reveal event, you may want to leave a day or two on each side for safety. Come see the Golden Gate Bridge or go for a drive along the PCH. Have a bar-b-q at Bonnie's. Chill..everything is under control. :cool:
Elon told me the reveal and design studio would be on my birthday September 13!!