Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android app's new version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the technologically challenged such as myself: Go to Playstore, search Tesla Model S, install or update Tesla Model S Beta. Note that if you let others drive your car you can see where they are, and even how fast they are driving.

I use the app to blink the lights or honk the horn when I forget where my car is in the parking lot.

Valet mode option is a nice new feature. Would've been nicer if they'd enabled some notification options that iOS has had for a long time.

The "From Elon" button seems kinda just, slapped on a random space and it overlaps with my car's name.
I don't mind the new interface for news & updates from Elon (in this case, its an interface to the referral service and you can access your contacts) but wish it was not just a random button placed on top of the existing interface.

Maybe this connects faster than before. At least with 3G I get that impression. Haven't yet tried with wi-fi.

Edit: no, now I can't connect at all via 3G. OTH just few hours ago updated car's software..

Edit 2: connects now. When I go to car I have to check, whether "always on" is stil on after new update.

Last edited:
Just found (or actually other guy in finnish Fb-group) cool feature: it shows referal top ten. Björn leads with 5 referals.

Screenshot_2015-08-05-12-15-32.png

Obviously. I was trying to figure out if there is a way of getting that data without the app ;)

wow, a Model S owner with a Windows Phone. That has to be as rare as spotting a Model X with a green sticker ;)

I have actually ran into several others. We are rare, but we do exist :) There is a third party Tesla app that we can use that provides basic functionality, but its just not the same as an official app.

Interesting that you can't view the progress leaderboard unless you send an email to at least one contact. (I sent it to myself.)

I have a long car name and the "FROM ELON" (now "PROGRESS") button obscures it and it just looks bad to me. Then again, I dislike change in my UI's.

For the technologically challenged such as myself: Go to Playstore, search Tesla Model S, install or update Tesla Model S Beta. Note that if you let others drive your car you can see where they are, and even how fast they are driving.

I use the app to blink the lights or honk the horn when I forget where my car is in the parking lot.

Why not just use the google earth image / map to walk you to the car?