Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Gas Restriction Act of 2015... Mentions Tesla Owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meh...doesn't matter to me. ;)

Matters to me! They are trying to clean the air and cut back on climate change, knowing that the world follows CA. If I drive a Tesla makes no difference. Or makes a bigger difference.

Of course, the gasoline alliance will fight it tooth and nail. "Don't buy an electric car! Don't buy a hybrid to cut your gas usage! It's all about making it hard for the common man to get to work and back."

What a line. And it's years away. By then electrics should be outselling inefficient gas guzzlers, and gas SHOULD be cutting back. Unless Big Auto and Big Oil can figure out a way to use more product. They will try, I am sure.

Thankfully a few state legislators are able to think ahead this far.

At least they're up front on the web site of who they are:

"The California Driver’s Alliance, a program of the Western States Petroleum Association..."

But the ad makes it seem like they're all about drivers

Maybe we should all just take this picture and email it to them.
wh_standards_oil.jpg

Matters to me! They are trying to clean the air and cut back on climate change, knowing that the world follows CA. If I drive a Tesla makes no difference. Or makes a bigger difference.

Of course, the gasoline alliance will fight it tooth and nail. "Don't buy an electric car! Don't buy a hybrid to cut your gas usage! It's all about making it hard for the common man to get to work and back."

What a line. And it's years away. By then electrics should be outselling inefficient gas guzzlers, and gas SHOULD be cutting back. Unless Big Auto and Big Oil can figure out a way to use more product. They will try, I am sure.

Thankfully a few state legislators are able to think ahead this far.
Sorry, just making a joke about having a tesla and them saying it won't matter, so....

Interesting how the air in the background looks so polluted. Not sure if that was intended...

I was noticing that as well. I doubt it actually, I think the polluted air actually hurts their message, not helps it. Either way this is the first I've heard of this... Now that I just went and read what SB 350 is, I find this ad nothing more than a total lie. What a completely deceptive and cheap shot little spot that was. Wow...

Jeff