Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summer spike: 43 new superchargers in past 41 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the city offering free parking spots somewhere?

I worked with a city commissioner who said he had identified spaces that would fit Tesla's needs. Paducah has a pretty reasonable layout, with 2 exits along I-57/I-24 that have plenty of businesses near the highway. I have reached out to him to see if there has been any more activity. The last I spoke, he told me that Tesla had contacted him to say they might contact him in the future, which squares with the response I received from the Supercharger team. The Supercharger team informed me that they were looking at Mt. Vernon, IL in addition to Nashville, but that's not a very good location as Mt. Vernon to Nashville is 235 miles - in the winter this would be extremely difficult to do.

I've reached out to see if there's any more activity. At a minimum, I'm pleased with the fact we now have a semi-reasonable way to get to Florida for vacation if we *have* to (via Indy), but at 225 extra miles and 3 extra charging stops each way, it's definitely not optimal (especially with a 2-year-old in the car!)

supercharge.info

The pace has really picked up lately... Including the last 6 days of June, Tesla has opened 43 new supercharger locations in the last 41 days (June 25th - Aug 4th) worldwide.

I had just noticed this yesterday myself, since I always keep supercharge.info open in a tab of my browser. It is also interesting to see the focus shifted out of North America again. Once again, Europe is approaching parity with N.A. And Canada, is once again falling behind in neglect. :frown:

I had just noticed this yesterday myself, since I always keep supercharge.info open in a tab of my browser. It is also interesting to see the focus shifted out of North America again. Once again, Europe is approaching parity with N.A. And Canada, is once again falling behind in neglect. :frown:

Actually, I think Canada is in pretty good shape in terms of coverage of the majority of vehicle trip volume. There must be something like 100-1000x the volume of cars on the 401 between Montreal and Windsor versus the TransCanada between Alberta and Northern Ontario. It may look incomplete to have a map with large swaths of Canada SuperCharger-less, but compared even to many similar East-West US interstate routes, TransCanada is very lightly traveled.

Ummmm Canada in pretty good shape.... Um no. We are being ignored. Western Canada hasn't seen anything new all year. We are supposed to get 3/4 by year end. Kinda doubt it. Why we don't have one in Merritt yet blows my mind.

Or kelowna or the island.... This is going to be a huge market for the modelx so I'm shocked they haven't even made an effort this year

(Sense my negativity on this issue)

Ummmm Canada in pretty good shape.... Um no. We are being ignored. Western Canada hasn't seen anything new all year. We are supposed to get 3/4 by year end. Kinda doubt it. Why we don't have one in Merritt yet blows my mind.

Or kelowna or the island.... This is going to be a huge market for the modelx so I'm shocked they haven't even made an effort this year

(Sense my negativity on this issue)

I very much agree with you, mainly because of the most bang for the buck reason. A small handful of 4 or 5 Superchargers would have a massive helpful impact on travel in Canada, because of most of the population being concentrated so much along the Southern border. Whereas another 70 in the U.S. this year covers some more people but still leaves big holes and still has a long way to go because so many people are so spread out around the country. So yes, it is pretty glaring neglect that Tesla will not put in the small number that would be so helpful there.