Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows 10 - Edge browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New problem this morning:

Can't login to TMC via the Edge browser. Type in name and password but when you hit enter or click on "Log in" the password box clears blank and you get the failed login screen. 5 attempts and it's locked for 15 minutes.

Chrome and Safari work fine (hence this post).

I've heard of some other quirky things going on with Windows 10, one person could no longer get connected to the Internet at all, tried all the usual fixes. As soon as they restored Win 8, they could get connected. I have 10 on my less than one year old laptop. Used it for a week or so and then suddenly my battery imploded and I had to send the laptop off for a new one (battery is integrated, so not a simple swap out job). That shouldn't be related and simply filed under coincidence, but... Haven't used the Edge browser at all, but thanks for the heads up.

New problem this morning:

Can't login to TMC via the Edge browser. Type in name and password but when you hit enter or click on "Log in" the password box clears blank and you get the failed login screen. 5 attempts and it's locked for 15 minutes.

Chrome and Safari work fine (hence this post).

I had the same problem. Edge browser kept saying wrong password when I tried to log in to my gmail account.

Experienced the same problem with other credit card websites. Finally I got frustrated and reverted back to Windows 7 edition that I had.

As a developer working with several large organizations, none of them care about Microsoft Edge or IE. We don't even consider them for testing. Currently, the main browsers are Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

I remember I read one article in the past about an ecommerce website charging IE users some fees for having their website optimized for IE. :)