Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor World Debut - Concept image of the Unplugged Performance Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11807571_904989782907228_3653695609514249500_o.jpg

As we approach Tesla's official release of the Model X, we wanted to tease with Unplugged Performance's latest project.

Please feel free to comment and share. The Unplugged team welcomes any feedback!

As we approach Tesla's official release of the Model X, we wanted to tease with Unplugged Performance's latest project.

Please feel free to comment and share. The Unplugged team welcomes any feedback!

I suppose. I mean, if you're going for the menacing tailgater / hyper-aggressive road-rager look, you pretty much nailed it. I know I'd pull over if I saw that in my rearview mirror.
Why not go all-out and do the Delta Force camouflage motif?

Not quite the sleek, aerodynamic look, and that bottom lip is off a Hummer? What are the giant air vents for?

Sorry, that's probably the nicest thing I can say. It's definitely not something I'd go for but hopefully you'll find a customer.

According to my calculation those air intakes will reduce range by 15 miles. That's not very good considering the Model X P90D already has less range than the Model S P90D because larger frontal area. Generally speaking, for any EV, it is not a good idea to make air drag worse because it will reduce range.

Last edited:
Is that the roof rack? And no falcon wing doors?

Barring blocking any sensors, I guess faux roof rails are easily implemented by cutting them into three parts (one for front, one over the falcon wing and one over C pillar).

As for the design, I'm not in a market for this kind fo stuff but I do agree I'd love to see more EV interpretation of such design than huge vents for example. Not sure that would interested the target market, though, as I'm not one of them.

From a Model X mule spotting perspective, the front lights (borrowed from 2012-2013 prototype?) look smaller to me than on the mules. Or perhaps the intent is replacing the lights as well.

Sorry but I think it's about as ugly as you can get. I really don't see what this company actually provides to the Tesla community, even what they did to a Model S looked ridiculous to me. Then again, I'm not into the whole street racer type look...

Jeff