Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sheboygan, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have been monitoring for last few months...8 stalls is amazing...obviously Tesla was considering that it will be a stop from to and from Chicago on a Bears game day, as IL allows the car to be sold and there are a lot more Tesla s there....but for us going to Door County it works great.
Little far from the freeway and not in the mall which is ok, who needs to hang out in Hobby Lobby?
Looking forward to an estimated opening date..any ideas?

Is it possible I am looking in the wrong spot? There are only 2 posts in 65 days? Is no one else excited about this?

I am glad to see the site selected also. I drive to Upper Michigan a couple times a year, and the closest Supercharger is Madison (which is ~222 mile leg). I would prefer the Green Bay charger, but Sheboygan will do if I drive via Milwaukee.

Looking forward to hearing about when the construction work starts. Any sense of how long it takes from the beginning of construction to having an open and operating facility?

Spoke with customer service at Festival Foods a few days ago and she said construction was supposed to begin this week, but no sign of workers as of Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

Construction started this week per Festival Foods and it will take three to four weeks to complete.

I just drove by the site and construction has begun!!
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Sheboygan or Bust?

Hey Sheboyganites! Any update on the progress here? Im planning a trip to the Door and wondered how its shaping up? Maybe if your out and about this weekend you can send updated pictures?

Thanks

I will be passing through Sheboygan tomorrow (Tue Sept 8) and will trade favors. I'll stop and take pics of the site for you, if you let me charge up at your place up the street from the water mill coffee house (Alterra?). I sent you a note via Plugshare but didn't hear back.

Or maybe there's a 50 amp plug at McKenna Marina?

Charging is approved!

I will be passing through Sheboygan tomorrow (Tue Sept 8) and will trade favors. I'll stop and take pics of the site for you, if you let me charge up at your place up the street from the water mill coffee house (Alterra?). I sent you a note via Plugshare but didn't hear back.

Or maybe there's a 50 amp plug at McKenna Marina?

Sorry its been a busy weekend...You are welcome to stop by tomorrow-its in a locked garage-Text my cell 414-406-8888 with an ETA and I will help out...there is a 50 amp plug which you need a NEMA 6-50 plug for (or you can borrow mine) or we have a J-1772 you will need an adapter for at 30 amps.

If the timing doesn't reconcile there are public stations I can refer you to in the area...also the Pfister Hotel has an excellent lunch place (Mason St grill) where they have 3 HCWC's that throw out 80 amps if you need to rack up the miles.

I was at Sheboygan yesterday and got the pics attached...looks like things are still 2-3 weeks out

Attachments

• 20150906_121236_resized.jpg
    20150906_121236_resized.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 388
  • 20150906_121303_resized.jpg
    20150906_121303_resized.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 390
  • 20150906_121357_resized.jpg
    20150906_121357_resized.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 392
  • 20150906_121426_resized.jpg
    20150906_121426_resized.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 384
OK - thanks. I would need to use your adapter for the 6-50 as I only have the 15-50. Sounds good - probable ETA would be mid-late afternoon - I will text you about an hour out. You're about 4-5 blocks from that coffee place, right?

My cell is 906-250-2650.

Chris

It appears most of the hardware is installed for 8 stations. Getting a lot attention from the locals.

Thanks for the inspiring photos! Just made a trip up there, I guess it is nice the visitor bureaus put in Semaconnect's machines in Manitowoc (I had to use that, forgot how painful it is to walk away from your MS while it sits for 5 hours in a strange city charging at 30A). Lost patience, trickle charged from a 20A 120V at my hotel (was going to use the frankenplug connection, as I had a Nema 6-15 on the hotel AC... unplugged it and the plug was ALREADY half melted... maybe someone tried that already?), and drove back... hit Pleasant Prairie SC with 12 mi left. :eek: Ah, the beauty of a 120KW charge rate.

What does American Club have? A J-1772?