Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decatur, GA supercharger closed today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been reported by more then a few that the gate is locked at this location. I used it myself from 940-10p last night. Atlantic Station is not to far away
b6bcd1759f840b942f1eb81c6dcd2b73.jpg

Well that sucks for people coming from the Charlotte supercharger (~245 miles). They usually roll into Decatur in the single digits and might not be able to make it to Atlantic Station.

Edit: I sent email to update supercharge.info. I can understand if they need to do this, BUT it is absolutely inexcusable to do this without any mechanism to advertise that this location isn't an accessible supercharger. Even the official Tesla Motors page has it listed as "24/7" access. It should be updated or completely removed from the map if they are going to close it.

2015-08-02_17-43-06.jpg

Last edited:
Well that sucks for people coming from the Charlotte supercharger (~245 miles). They usually roll into Decatur in the single digits and might not be able to make it to Atlantic Station.

I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Recent reports say it appears there was an accident (someone drove into a pole?) at the front of the store.

Attachments

• 11800442_1657532084484534_2722220805253758187_n.jpg
    11800442_1657532084484534_2722220805253758187_n.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 277
Recent reports say it appears there was an accident (someone drove into a pole?) at the front of the store.

Ahh, well that makes more sense as opposed to a change in policy. But this does highlight the need for some type of system to account for supercharger closures. Change the color of the pin on the map in the car and on the website to something else, maybe black or slashed lines. Reflect it in the trip planning (I don't have trip planning but assume there is no mechanism today), and allow owners to opt-in to being notified of all planned closures via email/app/txt. There is a planned closure for I believe the knoxville supercharger for a re-paving project. Pretty sure someone is going to get stranded on that one.

I can understand if they need to do this, BUT it is absolutely inexcusable to do this without any mechanism to advertise that this location isn't an accessible supercharger. Even the official Tesla Motors page has it listed as "24/7" access. It should be updated or completely removed from the map if they are going to close it.

They do have a mechanism to advertise closed Superchargers.

See:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/49535-Now-shown-Supercharger-Maintenance-Closed-Status

This is a horrible method. Nothing shown on the map or through trip planner (I assume, don't have trip planner). I had to scroll through multiple pages to get to the Decatur supercharger, which I would need to know is closed before I left for a trip, and when I did get to it, its not shown as closed so they aren't actively updating it. If I were making the trip I made a few months ago, I could have been stranded by this.

2015-08-02_19-01-36.jpg

From our local Facebook group, the official story from Tesla Decatur:

"We don't know who closed the gate. We think it was a transport company that closed it after dropping off a new car. The lock wasn't locked and we were able to push the gates back open. We are looking into padlocking and chaining the gates open, so they can't be closed, ever."

Turns out Tesla didn't know the gates were closed until we told them.