Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about alcantera on dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
trying to figure out if this is now only with the premium interior or is this on all cars now?

Like the power liftgate (although not nearly worth the price) and better quality leather/lighting, but have to say I am not crazy about the suede on the dash. Looks out of place to my eye and seems like it would be a pain to keep clean.

trying to figure out if this is now only with the premium interior or is this on all cars now?

Like the power liftgate (although not nearly worth the price) and better quality leather/lighting, but have to say I am not crazy about the suede on the dash. Looks out of place to my eye and seems like it would be a pain to keep clean.

Agreed. The alacantra material is harder to clean and shows wear easier IMO. I don't know why they put this on the dash or the vanity mirrors. Basically anywhere people are touching with their hands regularly should be leather or synthetic leather which will stand up to dirt, be easier to clean, and show less wear over time. Plus having the dash out of two different materials is just odd to me.if I orederd new today I would talk to my sales person to see if I could get the regular dash even if I ordered the premium interior for the lights and lift gate. To be honest these things should be unbundled like they were in the past. Makes much more sense

Upper Dash Inset

Agreed. The alacantra material is harder to clean and shows wear easier IMO. I don't know why they put this on the dash or the vanity mirrors. Basically anywhere people are touching with their hands regularly should be leather or synthetic leather which will stand up to dirt, be easier to clean, and show less wear over time. Plus having the dash out of two different materials is just odd to me.if I orederd new today I would talk to my sales person to see if I could get the regular dash even if I ordered the premium interior for the lights and lift gate. To be honest these things should be unbundled like they were in the past. Makes much more sense

Did not like the black alcantara inset in the upper dash but wanted the premium interior. Negotiated with Sales Rep and got standard dash (no inset) on my 70D with premium interior and white alcantara headliner. Could possibly delay build but did not seem to have an impact on our car.

Did not like the black alcantara inset in the upper dash but wanted the premium interior. Negotiated with Sales Rep and got standard dash (no inset) on my 70D with premium interior and white alcantara headliner. Could possibly delay build but did not seem to have an impact on our car.

Smart. I wish I had done that because I too dislike the insert but wanted premium.

I drove a 70d and 85d at a local Tesla event last week and the 70d did not have the premium interior pkg, but did have the alcantera on the dash. When I asked about it, I was told that the alcantera dash is standard now.

I love mine. It's one of the most frequently complimented design aspects of the interior by those who ride in the car. I don't see any issues with wear, it rarely even gets touched. It looks especially great with the black alcantara headliner.

Our June 2015 build S85D has the black Alcantara headliner and leather/Premium interior. We were able to get the Alcantara on the dash deleted and leather installed. Our local TM Sales center/store manager said later that there would be no future 'delete'/substitution for the Alcantara on the dash. YMMV.

June forward builds (approximately) now always use leather on dash with interior premium package. Alcantaea on dash now is never an option.

I have it, like the look, but would probably have preferred Nappa leather instead. So far it isn't too bad though. Have to gently brush clean and avoid wetting it when cleaning rest of dash. People do tend to like it though overall as adds contrast since rest of dash is a soft leather "looking" material already.

Only 3k into my ownership experience but I'm really liking the black alcantara interior I got with my premium package. The handful of people who have ridden in the car all reacted well to it and I think it's cool (of course, my vote is the only one that counts).

All that matters is what speaks to you. Never try to talk yourself into- or out of something here. Good luck.