Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy, Environment, and Policy PODCAST 'The Energy Gang'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nwdiver

Feb 17, 2013
United States
I found this podcast a few days ago...

The Energy Gang

Some interesting tidbits I've picked up is the challenge of keeping solar profitable as costs fall... SunEdison CEO expressed concern over making $$$ when you can displace the energy of a home with PV for ~$5k in the next 10 years; And how abhorrent the economics of base load have become...

Lots of other great stuff.

Yes, great podcast. I too enjoyed the SunEdison CEO interview.

I wonder how SolarCity, SunEdison etc will make profits too. Plenty of solar companies have already foundered on that rock. Will Solarcity "make it up in volume"? The number of roofs wanting panels is "near infinite" but is a good profit possible?

Yes, great podcast. I too enjoyed the SunEdison CEO interview.

I wonder how SolarCity, SunEdison etc will make profits too. Plenty of solar companies have already foundered on that rock. Will Solarcity "make it up in volume"? The number of roofs wanting panels is "near infinite" but is a good profit possible?
SunEdison locks in profits by assuring that it has long-term Power Purchase Agreements supporting nearly all of its projects. It's a very different business model than SCTY's.