Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Effect of coating on body colour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I will be getting my P85D in coming two weeks! I'm planning to bring my car for coating after I got it.
My car is pearl white and I'd like to ask if anyone of you know if the coating will change the nature of the pearl white colour (eg will it look excessively glossy)?

I come across this shop called KeePer Pro Shop which does coating; does anyone of you had prior experience with it before and is it any good?

Many thanks~~!!

Hey guys, I will be getting my P85D in coming two weeks! I'm planning to bring my car for coating after I got it.
My car is pearl white and I'd like to ask if anyone of you know if the coating will change the nature of the pearl white colour (eg will it look excessively glossy)?

I come across this shop called KeePer Pro Shop which does coating; does anyone of you had prior experience with it before and is it any good?

Many thanks~~!!

You'll probably get quicker and wider response from Facebook group

Many thanks~~!!

I used Pomponazzi, and I have a dark-colored car (the old blue), so I'm not sure my car is a good reference point. But for what it's worth, Pomponazzi made my car look in some ways darker, but adds a layer of shine. Those may sound a bit contradictory, but here goes anyway: the paint correction did away with all the "mini-scratches" so the blue looks much more "solid", i.e. darker. Yet, when the car is under light (whether sunlight or artificial light), the coating adds a bit of shine so that it reflects more light.

If you're concerned about glossyness, you could of course use a matte wrap. I think there's something called Xpel Stealth? We have a group member here who drives a matte signature red, and it looks stunning.